Planescape Torment

Recently I completed that game for the first time and I must say there are almost no games with characters and plot as deep as that one. And I see what people mean when they say its like an interactive novel. Though it can be to a fault; I get sort of tired skimming through text descriptions of NPC’s body language to read the dialogue buried in the blocks of text.

I played through as a lawful good Mage. And I’m thinking about running through again, as a Chaotic Evil Fighter. But from what I’ve seen, I’m a little concerned about the bias the game has towards the mage class. The fact that most of your XP comes from dialogue and completing quests (INT and Wisdom): there’s so many things you can’t access without excelling at those stats, alot of items in the game that decrease your AC are only usable with mages, and I can’t imagine getting through the first part of the Fortress of Regrets without access to Spells.

Torment is imho the best rpg ever made, I think I’ve played through it like 7 or 8 times. I absolutely love the story and characters. I can’t say enough good things about this game.

You’re right about the mage bias though. There’s no reason to not be a mage since Nameless One gets around the class’ weaknesses easily. Combat is not that important, so it doesn’t make a huge difference. IIRC there’s only a couple fights in the entire game that are mandatory. Most of them you can get out of either through dialogue or by running away.

If you really want to hack & slash, just buff your CON and Nameless One will regenerate ridiculously quickly.