Players who always throw you when you empty jump

A lot of players online do this every single time I jump in making empty jump mixups useless.  If I know they do this, how can I take advantage of it?  <div><br></div><div>With Akuma I’ve found a late lp air fireball beats it, but this only works if I’m jumping from far away.  A late df dive kick doesn’t seem to have enough of a delay so they still block it.</div><div><br></div><div>With the other characters I play, Cody, Chun Li, Ryu, Cammy I’m not sure how to beat this at all.  Inputting a throw in case of empty jump seems like a bullet proof strategy.</div>

it is bullet proof for the most part. unless you start doing high risk stuff like empty jump into dp. the payoff on that mix up isnt worth the risk unless you can follow it with an ultra or something else high damage.

for the most part tho with the way landing recovery frames work a throw will beat whatever normal you throw out when you land. so the only real way for most characters to use empty jumps is on wake up where its harder to see if you will land before they are “awake” giving yourself frame advantage.

chun can use empty jump into hazan shu. cammy empty jump ex tkcs. cody could empty into ex zonk, and ryu empty into dp.

tl;dr use something throw invul, or only empty jump on wake up

A ghetto mixup that I like to do occasionally when getting out of the corner with Cody is, right after I got a soft knockdown, empty-jumping right on the other side of them, just on the edge of their throw range, and immediately letting an EX Zonk go as I land. It catches people unawares a lot of the time for some reason, and it looks awesome. People are just too eager to not let you get away from the corner, it seems.<br>

Or work your meaty attacks, problem solved. :)<br>

<P>Some characters can alter their jumps and “fake” empty jumps, Seth can fake an empty jump after a SPD. Also if a meaty c.lk beats a grab why can’t a meaty cr.lk beat it after an empty jump?</P>

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/15085/Ryuken9">Ryuken9</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><p>Some characters can alter their jumps and “fake” empty jumps, Seth can fake an empty jump after a SPD. Also if a meaty c.lk beats a grab why can’t a meaty cr.lk beat it after an empty jump?</p></div>
</blockquote>

<br>what do you mean? at neutral or on wake up?<br>

A meaty cr.lk will always beat a throw; that’s the definition of “meaty”, the active frames of the attack is already out before the opponent can even attempt to throw. <br>

define empty jump:

1. neutral jump…the best shenanigans in the game. your opponent try to slow approach for kara throw? hit any attack with downward hitbox…it is better if the moves has long active frame.
  2. jump fwd/back…empty jump like these are not recommended at all.

Empty jump usually means empty jump aka jumping without doing a jumping attack.

<blockquote class=“Quote”>
<div class=“QuoteAuthor”><a href="/profile/15085/Ryuken9">Ryuken9</a> said:</div>
<div class=“QuoteText”><p>Some characters can alter their jumps and “fake” empty jumps, Seth can fake an empty jump after a SPD. Also if a meaty c.lk beats a grab why can’t a meaty cr.lk beat it after an empty jump?</p></div>
</blockquote>

Sometimes when people attempt an empty jump cr. lk they’ll accidently do a j. lk right before they land (but you won’t see it) and they have to go through the subsequent landing recovery afterward, so their following cr. lk attempt will actually be slower to start and very likely to lose to a throw attempt.<div><br></div><div>Also could just be the cr. lk was mis-timed and not active by the time the opponent is hittable so they just get thrown out of the recovery of cr. lk instead.</div>