Please help with monitor

ok so im here in the dfw area and wanted some local adv im going to buy a monitor here in the next 2 days for gaming purposes. ive got these four to chose from but im not good with spec so can someone with knowledge tell me wich one to go with? im also very sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Amazon.com: ViewSonic?s VX2739WM 27-Inch 1920x1080 Full HD Monitor: Electronics

Amazon.com: ASUS MT276HE - 27" Wide LCD Monitors - Black: Computer & Accessories

Amazon.com: ASUS VW266H 25.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black: Computer & Accessories

Amazon.com: ASUS VE276Q 27-Inch Wide (16:9) 2ms Response Time Display Port LCD Monitor - Black: Computer & Accessories

any help would be appreciated. thanks. so far the best one seems to be the second.

This is a tough one since those monitors are very close in specs, and all good choices. Going back to The New Definitive HDTV Lag FAQ to refresh my HD lag knowledge. They all have 2ms or less response time and all feature HMDI, DVI and VGA which you want the HDMI and VGA for gaming systems.

Lets eliminate ASUS MT276HE - 27" Wide LCD Monitors - Black for it’s “Splendid” Video Enhancement Technology. Great for Bluray and movies, bad for gaming.

We also eliminate ASUS VE276Q 27-Inch Wide (16:9) 2ms Response Time Display Port LCD, as that silly post processing again we do not need, and (to my knowledge) no gaming system take advantage of the display port

Then ASUS VW266H 25.5-Inch Widescreen LCD Monitor since its the smaller of the 2 remaining screens.

So your best bet is the ViewSonic?s VX2739WM 27-Inch 1920x1080 Full HD Monitor, I do not see any additional post processing, a 1ms response time

1ms is only GTG so it’s about 16ms. So there’s not THAT big of a difference. Also if you’re used to saturation, which I’m addicted too, have been since digital vibrance was an option on Nvidia cards and why I got an Asus monitor for it’s built in saturation control, the Viewsonic doesn’t have that. Looking at some reviews they say the color is somewhat washed out. I mean it’s probably a great monitor for gaming but I’d check out other monitors as well. I’d also honestly encourage you to find a place to get these locally that has a good return policy so just incase you don’t like the monitor or have some dead/stuck pixels it’ll be easy to exchange and cheaper too.

are you planning on using them on consoles or a PC? I ask because for a console, any of those would be a decent choice (I would go with the viewsonic based solely on the good luck I have had in the past with them)

For a computer I wouldn’t use any of those as the resolution is way too low.

I’m sorry yes that is correct ill be using it for gaming my biggest concern is input lag and ok visuals. So far I’m between the second asus and the viewsonic. Additional input would b great. And yes for consoles

Veiwsonic is the only one (of your choices) with out additional image processing which can contribute to lag, the more processing the TV/monitor has to do the more the lag will become. If you get lag with HDMI still, switch to VGA connectors. Microsoft makes a VGA connector for the 360, and Wii and PS3 has a 3rd party VGA connector that works naively with the system. Since the VGA connector on HD TVs bypass the image processing.

I also suggest you to read this post: The New Definitive HDTV Lag FAQ