Plinking?

Hi I’m kind of new to Street fighter but can someone teach me how to plink because i am maining cody as of right now and i would like to take my skills to the next level but i don’t know how the concept really works. By the way can anyone tell me some cody combos so i can practice plinking them together.

Priority linking example: first hit medium punch and a spliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit second later while holding mp down also hit lp. It’s like piano’ing.

Also watch the Vesperarcade tutorial series. kthxbai

We can teach you how to do all of that stuff. All the information you need on plinking can be found in the stickied posts at the top of this forum section.

All questions on Cody combos can be found in the ‘Cody’ section of ‘Super Street Fighter 4’ section. Have fun searching!

what is the better bnb for cody? c.lp,c.lp,c.lp,c.lk xx fierce criminal or c.lp,c.lp,c.lp,mp xx fierce criminal

Cut out as many c.lp as you can while hitconfirming.

c.mp xx Fierce Criminal Upper is going to be better than c.lk xx Fierce Criminal Upper, but c.lk is very easy to hit, c.lk being a 4-frame link and c.mp being a 2-frame link.

Very easy to hit means you can hit the combo while you’re playing online, or in a more relevant context, while you’re under any sort of stress. I can c.lp, c.lp, c.lk while sick and sleepy.
I personally prefer dependability over a few points of extra damage.

You can plink c.mp to make it 3-frame link, but you can also plink c.lk to make that a 5-frame link. so…

Go to training mode and see which one does the most damage.

2D~C

what does this mean??

Where are you reading/hearing this?

Yeah, that sounds like BlazBlue notation to me.

Sorry guys to keep asking questions but what does “riding the gate” mean

The gate being the piece in your stick that stops your movement in every direction. Riding it means doing motions the hard way while you could be gentle and do your motions without touching the edge.

When you move your arcade stick along its edge. You’re not supposed to constantly grind up against that thing when you’re doing motions. It’s fine to touch it, but you really don’t want to drag your stick along its edge to do the motion. Not only is this slower and less accurate than doing it properly, but it tends to wear down your gate quicker as well.

Double post. Delete plz.