"Had a chance to take the ride to Moscow at November 20 and caught a peek of Capcom’s work on Street Fighter x Tekken.
Hot information from Roughly, I can report on this:
The final list of characters is this
Dan Hibiki [unfinished]
M. Bison (dictator) [unfinished]
Cammy [no model yet]
Dhalsim [no model yet]
Zangief [no model yet]
Sakura [no model yet]
Akuma [no model yet]
Paul Phoenix [unfinished]
Christie Monteiro [unfinished]
Jun Kazama [no model yet]
Heihachi Mishima [no model yet]
King [no model yet]
Kuma [no model yet]
Forrest Law [no model yet]
Hwoarang [no model yet]
Yoshimitsu [no model yet]
However, less than half of the characters have been designed by the moment, models are half-finished only. “Unfinished” characters are still in the animation test (unrendered, missing animations and such).
- The game will be a 2-characters tag, like Rival Schools or Capcom Fighting Jam, you can swap your characters between rounds.
- There will be 13 characters from each series.
- Target combos will be very important, each character have 3 or 4.
- Air combos are achievable.
- Each character has 2 Super combos (unconfirmed). Ultra combos can be performed when the player’s life is low.
- The tag team Ultra combo is still in the game, each fighter have 2 or 3 ways to start or finish the Combo
- Projectiles will be slower and weaker in this game (compared to vanilla SFIV) Some Tekken characters have “dash-like” special moves that allow them to surpass projectiles. Some other moves have projectile-evading properties.
- Haven’t seen a Tekken character having projectile attacks. Judging by the character roster, it’s unlikely there would be.
- Capcom’s fighter models will be certainly based on the Street Fighter ones, along some texture adaptations and such.
- Ryu’s Joudan geri is back, as you watched in the video.
- Chun-Li’s moves have some properties from the Alpha series (i. e. Alpha 3 Tenshokyaku anywhere juggle).
- Ken has new moves and command moves.
- Charge time for charge moves have been reduced.
- Claw and dictator’s target combos allow them to charge their special moves.
- Jin Kazama’s Ultra have him turning into Devil Jin.
- Paul Phoenix’s moves had been taken mainly from his combo finishers (i. e. Dragon Thunder Bolt Palm).
- Most “High” moves from Tekken characters are overhead command moves (a joystick direction plus a button).
- Christie have a few moves resembling Street Fighter III’s Elena’s capoeira. Her First Super is Spinning Beat.
- Jin and Kazuya share a couple moves, although they have different properties (like Ken and Ryu’s in SSFIIX)."
Sounds awesome, but the roster is a major disappointment.
My guess is Boxer (Balrog) and Fox will be the last two characters.