Post here if you get the "Your post needs to be verified/approved" message

Fixed.

My last two comments got this.

Fixed. Looks like earlier (noon-ish PST?) almost every post requires you to be Verified before it can be posted. Spam queue is full of all sorts of real people. Helping clear that out now.

Yo valaris! I got that message too in GD on a number of different topics

Fixed.

I fixed up everybody that was (accidentally) in the Spam queue today, and took care of all the double+ posts that weren’t actually different posts entirely. I believe Wiz is switching to a different less crazy anti-spam-bot for now. Hooopefully that avoids us having a repeat of today’s shenanigans. =P

Preppy, if you check their profile it says Not verified. I find if you click it and change it to Verified it just takes care of the problem altogether. It happened when we originally switched to these boards but I guess it takes time for some people to get “caught”. I originally went on a giant spree and changed as many people as possible but clearly I missed thousands.

If you just flip the Not Verified bit it would either leave all their blocked posts in limbo (I believe this is what it does) or post their double/triple/etc posts. That’s why I use the very dangerous Spam queue to handle these things. With the Akismet helperbot offline, though, I’m hoping we can avoid trouble again. :\

Take me off the blacklist. I dindu nuffin.redacted

It seems it was already in effect :confused: ??

OK, super crazy aggro Akismet is back online since either we get a lot of spam or a lot of Your Post Must Be Approved messages. Posting this as an FYI, since this is probably going to be a pain in the ass for the next while.

Just got the message as well.

Just got the message as well.

Fixed.

If people could NOT double triple quadruple post, that’d really help. :\

Hey. I can’t post in the General Discussion thread now. Please help :smiley:

Fixed.

I’m getting the message now.

fixed

I can’t seem to post in FGD. Tried three different browsers and it didn’t go through.

yep. saw that you triple posted there and double posted here. fixed that and your Verification for you. peace.

IF ANYBODY’S POSTS ARE NOT SHOWING UP, YOU JUST AREN’T VERIFIED. A MOD WILL FIX THIS FOR YOU SHORTLY.

I can’t make that a log-in message, but I wish I could. :slight_smile:

My last post didn’t show up until like 6 hours after I made it. I don’t remember seeing any message, but I assume this is related?