(PostPoned) Console Warzone Presents - Office Street Fight - Stony Point, NY 10980

================================
CONSOLE WARZONE - OFFICE STREET FIGHT

DATE

Saturday, September 26th, 2009

TIME

First event will start at 11 am
Event will end when we finish with everything

Stony Ridge Plaza
160 N Liberty Dr
Stony Point, NY 10980-2450

FEE

$6 Venue Fee

SCHEDULE

11 am - $2 Pick your Poison Tournament

Office Street Fight will be the birth of a new tournament type that I have developed personally. This game type was built with the intention of having fun and also adding a new element to the SF4 community. Entry fee will only be $2 so I can see what the community thinks of it. The rules will be kept secret until the day of the event so nobody has time to prepare themselves. Mwaahhaa!!

1 pm (or whenever PyP finishes)

2v2 SF4 Team Tournament - $5 per player/$10 per team

This will be the basic double elimination team tournament. I am going to run this Evo style where the first two players fight and then switch with their teammates after no matter the outcome. This way both players get to play.

3 pm (or whenever team tournament gets done)

SF4 Singles Main Event - $10 per player

This is what everyone comes to play. Double elimination singles. Right now I am doing random seeding but I am considering other options and will let everyone know when we get closer to the event.

FORMAT

SF4 PICK YOUR POISON

Show up and find out! Mwaahhaaa!!

SF4 TEAMS

Games to be played on Xbox 360
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Games
99 Seconds
Double Elimination
Default Health and Handicap
Prize pot will be 80/20

SF4 SINGLES

Games to be played on Xbox 360
2/3 Rounds
2/3 Games
99 Seconds
Double Elimination
Default Health and Handicap
Loser Final, Winner Final and Grand final will be 2/3 rounds, 3/5 matches
Prize pot 70/20/10

GENERAL RULES

• This is BYOC (Bring your own controller) or Bring your own stick. We will not provide pads or sticks.
  • No characters are banned
  • All stations will be Xbox 360, it is the players responsibility to bring the appropraite adapaters
  • Winner must keep the same character, loser may change
  • Players may agree on stage select, if not, it goes to random select
  • Double Blind pick will be available if requested
  • Any type of threats or violence in the venue will not be tolerated
  • Game pausing will forfeit you the round and you must let time run out so you don’t accumulate extra meter
  • Hardware macros, turbo, or other hardware assisted mechanisms are strictly forbidden.
  • I will be supervising the tournament and running the bracket, but, the winning player should also report to me the outcome of the match
  • You may change button configuration however you like, but, LP,MP,HP & LK,MK,HK will be the only button binding allowed (Not that this should be a problem)
  • Violating any of these rules may result in a DQ depending on the circumstance, please, read the rules so everyone is clear

INFORMATION

Okay so in addition to the bi-weekly tournaments I am running at ToyWiz in Nanuet, NY I am going to be running a multi-tournament event. I have secured a vacant office in Stony Point, NY for the date of Sept. 26th.

Hence the name…Office Street Fight.

As of right now SF4 is the thing to play. But…the following games are open to discussion…

• KOF 12
  • BlazBlue
  • HD Remix
  • MvC2

I will add a tournament for any of the following games if I get enough feedback and interest. I really don’t want to add a game and then have 6 people come to play.

I will be heading by the location this week to take some Youtube footage of the venue. It’s not overly big but it’s all mine and it even has it’s own bathroom and air conditioning (to keep the smell down).

I am also currently seeking sponsors so I can add some $ to the prize pot or some extra incentive. But there is no guarantee on that.

Also, there is a Pizza place right next door so everyone will have a place to eat at some point in the day by walking 10 feet.

Thanks and see you there!!!

Sign-up by emailing ConsoleWarzone@gmail.com or by posting in this thread

SIGNED UP

1. xxxEtown
  2. del1rium:cool:

Check out my latest Youtube video about Console Warzone Events…and SUBSCRIBE!!

[media=youtube]rRalwPWWCsA"[/media]

Coming from CT

hey im a wannabe up and comer from CT and am planning on coming down where in new york are you
Joe Migliore

office space

count me in DeLuX!!!1

Check out my results thread with video from the last event

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=207303

Okay so everyone check out this event!!

We have a new venue fee of $6 instead of $8 so that is great news. Also, because my last tournament did not have a great turnout (6 players), the following people will NOT have to pay the venue fee.

1. Mike Infinite
  2. Peter “PTO”
  3. The Realyst
  4. xxxEtown
  5. MistahJ
  6. LP4Life

I feel this is fair because of the $10 venue for Toywiz and a 6 person turnout. So everyone check this out and sign up!!!

It’s hard for me to explain it better than just putting in the directions into Google maps and seeing how far it is from you. That would be your best bet.

bump

Sign me up for the SF4 singles!

Would anyone be down for Tatsunoko VS Capcom on Wii? If so I will add that game as well.

Really lacking on the sign-ups. I don’t want to postpone this thing but if NOBODY signs up I guess I would have no choice.

Okay so I am postponing this tournament to a later date TBA. This should not be a problem as only 1 person signed up (sorry del1rium). You can still check out the bi-weekly tournaments going on at ToyWiz in Nanuet, NY.

Stay tuned!