Printing

I have some questions about printing

1. what type of paper and size
  2. Does it have to be laminated or what?
  3. How big does the art have to be?
  • I’m using an HRAP EX *
    Thank you

If you buy the EX plexiglass and artwork from TEK-INNOVATIONS, as pointed out in your other thread, you will get the artwork printed, laser cut to size, and then sandwiched under plexiglass to protect it.

Other members of the SRK forums will know more than I will on this topic, but I will input from what I experienced.

1. what type of paper and size
    Almost any kind of paper will work, technically you can get away with standard injet paper.
    But
    you want some heavier paper that will hold a higher quality results. As for size that depends on the size of your stick. As I never mod a HRAP EX, I can’t give you an actual measurement.

2. Does it have to be laminated or what?
    Laminate is only necessary if your art is not under a layer of acrylic, lexan or Plexiglas
    If you go to a retail print shop, call ahead and see if they can do Laminate

3. How big does the art have to be?
    The total print size should cover the whole top panel, actually got for a slightly larger image than your panel, so you not end up with any empty spaces.

There is a guide for you, Search for Hrap templates. Once you design your layout print at 300 dpi, no resizing, no boarders, no scaling. and you Should (key word) print at the correct size.
Shoryuken - Making Your Stick Pretty: A Custom Stick Art Guide/Tutorial

There are a few people on SRK that can print art for you, for a price of course, although I do not remember who they all are

Welcome to Art’s Hobbies does custom art for a number of sticks including Hrap EX, and a plexy cover on top.

I have a few templates and i want to make sure if they are HRAP ex compatible and if they are the fight size so i can go an print it today. ( if there not can you guys help me resize it for me?)

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

bump?

Those are all for TEs. What you can do is get the .psd files of those, and get the image, and put it on top of the EX template. You can download the templates here: Welcome to Art’s Hobbies

Art’s hobbies is highly recommended. I ordered custom artwork & plexi for my PS2 HRAP and it all turned out great.

I’m completly lost, i downloaded the hrap ex template and i pasted the picture as a new layer onto the template and i cant make it bigger. can someone help me out and send me these in HRAP ex .psd files please!! ( In message or email: Timbalin45@hotmail.com ) ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

You have two problems for printing those images.

1. Those file you linked already have a template on them. Since they are JPEG format they do not have any layers so you cannot remove the TE template without a lot of tedious Photoshoping.
  2. The reason they show up as tiny on the PSD template you downloaded is because the template is at 300 pixels per inch and 14 by 8.5 inches. This means that it is 4200 pixels wide and 2550 pixels tall. The images you linked are 1024 pixels by 622 pixels so they only take up a fraction of the 4200 x 2550.

What you want ideally is the PSD files those JPEGs were made from. That will allow you to easily remove the TE template and add in the HRAP one. Failing that you need those images without the template. You can then take the images (assuming they are still 1024 x 622) and enlarge them roughly 4.1 times. Then they will fit on the template.

Well, im getting frustrated moving the artwork (psd) to my HRAP EX template just to see that the top 2 buttons are cut off.
Is their a forum or a site dedicated to only hrap ex art templates?

What do you mean the top 2 buttons are cut off? are you sure the HRAP EX template is visible? Are you sure you aren’t looking at the TE template that is with that art (and doesn’t have 2 top buttons). You can tell by checking the profile of the bottom edge of the template. On a HRAP template it will be curved much more than the top, on a TE it will look roughly the same as the top. On the HARP template there is a layer called HRAP3/EX outline make sure that is higher on the list of layers than you art.

I frankly think printing from your own computer is an exercise in futility unless you have a large printer AND quality paper to print on.

Not any old copy paper will do… you want to get at least copy paper that’s multi-use, large enough for the image (8 X 14 at least) and can hold color ink reasonably well… WHICH a lot of paper DOESN’T if you print out above 100, let alone 200-400 dpi.

You CAN get decent image prints at 72 dpi but that’s assuming the original image was very large to begin with and that you’re only shrinking and NOT expanding it.

To buy the right size paper in a ream (20-50 sheets photo, 500 for most copy paper; larger size increases cost exponentially) with a large enough printer…! It’s just not worth it.

Seriously, go to a print shop… FedEx/Kinko’s or Staples are very good for printing large faceplate size images. It’s like $3.50-$4.00, and not much more for laminating.

The laminators you get for the home aren’t that good unless high quality office equipment. The laminator my mother has is good for laminating business cards but not so good for anything over 8.5 X 11… The Staples laminators are pretty good for the paper they can cover.

You always get a few bubbles with lamination but it’s not that bad. You have to be careful with the hole cutouts. Those tend to form the biggest bubble areas. I guess you could precut with a template or actual plexi before the lamination process, though.

I don’t think I’ve ever spent much over $5 for laminated copy paper at Staples. My own experience with cardboard soured me on that. Colors are much brighter on the copy paper they use; the cardboard just absorbs the color and darkens it. Didn’t look that good to me…