Pro purchase tip! Last year's "lagless" EVO TV on sale!

The ASUS VH236H was used at last year’s EVO because of its price and minute input lag. It’s on sale now for $159.99! Some of you dude’s will def. be interested.
ASUS VH236H 23’’ Widescreen HD LCD Monitor - 1920x1080, 20000:1, 2ms, HDMI - VH236H - Buy.com

Here is an experiment testing the input lag of the VH236H vs. a CRT.
[media=youtube]6fe8GWgxPwA[/media]

This TV has extremely low input lag at its best (around half a frame), but it can spike to around two frames. Not quiet as good as originally thought, but significantly better average lag than most TVs.

READ THIS BEFORE YOU IMPULSE BUY!
**I recently purchased the ASUS VH222H which has a maximum of 10ms of input lag, slightly over HALF A FRAME. **If you guys want a TV closer to lagless, this would be it. When I first started transitioning from my old (laggy) TV, to the VH222H, I couldn’t even do my typical combos because of the dramatic change in frames. The VH222H also has VGA, DVI, and HDMI ports so you can pretty much connect it to anything. The VH236H only has HDMI and DVI.

Test data here (don’t mind the comparison TV)
Product Face-Offs Monitors - DigitalVersus

Buy for $179.99
Newegg.com - ASUS VH222H Black 21.5" 5ms HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor Built in Speakers 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR20000:1) w/ SPDIF out

If you look up some TV data of your own, keep in mind the “response time” has little to do with “input lag”. Response time, from what I understand, has to do with the shifting of the images on the screen, causing it to look more smooth. This can help with games, but input lag is more relevant to accurate Street Fighter play.

Hope some of you can benefit from this deal and advice!

good find and thanks for the info. :frowning: Lag sucks.

I use a crt for sf4 so i have no lag, but then i go to tournys with HD tvs that do lag and my game is off. Then i find myself playing on a lag tv at home just so i can get use to playing in tournys that have laggy tvs. lol

this belongs in the tech forum…You should be playing fighting games on CRT

Actually, i believe the VH236H also has VGA in addition to HDMI and DVI. It’s how my 360 is currently connected. Perhaps I have the Model No. wrong, but I’m quite sure i own the VH236H.

just ordered the asus vh222h. hopefully it’s as good as it sounds.

I wish they did a better test for VH222H, like with a video camera. Just taking a picture 10(small sample) times doesn’t mean it won’t spike like the VH236H. From Cicada’s test the VH236H had…

0ms Lag 56%
38-45ms Lag 44%

Assuming the 0ms lag is like 0-10ms lag, you can see it’s possible that the VH236H could have the same results in their test. Still a really good find though. Hopefully someone will be nice enough to do a video test for us. :]

i can very seldomnotice input lag but i am in the market for a new monitor,
thanks for the heads up

what about the newer model of the asus VE246H series?

and benq E2420HD and G2420HD series?

i am using crt atm, but finding it too space consuming in my room. but i wouldn’t want to buy a monitor that lags+online lag.

these monitors still lag u assho.

Buy.com - ASUS VH222H-P Widescreen LCD Monitor
Should i buy this? What are your opinions?

I just bought the asus, which cable should I get hdmi or vga?

I say get the HDMI.