Pro-Swap-Meet (PSM) Summer Tournament 2 (7/17/04) San Bernardino, CA

This is the big one weve been preparing for and it will be better than the first.

Pro-Swap-Meet
632 S. Mt. Vernon Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92410

Tournament Organizers:
-Eugene Park (Mini G)
-Albert Nguyen (Pigadoken)
-Plus other helpers

Date: July 17th, 2004 (Saturday)

Games: MvC 2, CvS 2, 3s, and ST *If 3s concludes early

Fee: $5 on all games EXCEPT for ST, which will be $1

Pot Split: 60/30/10 on all games EXCEPT for ST, which is Winner Take All.

**1st Place for CvS 2 will also receive a framed SvC Chaos poster.

Sign-ups and Casual Play: 2:30 PM-4:30 PM

Starting Time: 4:30 PM
(ARRIVE ON TIME!!! Take off early so that you dont get stuck in traffic!!!)

Rules:

MvC 2 and 3s
-Double Elimination
-2 out of 3 during Bracket Match-ups; 3 out of 5 during Winners/Losers Finals; 4 out of 7 during Grand Finals **(subject to change)
-No Game Breaking Glitches
-In the event of a tie/draw, the match will be replayed.
-Any player forfeiting a match will be immediately disqualified.
-If you win a game, you must choose the same character(s) the next game; if you lose a game you may switch character(s).
-In MvC2, you may switch your order in between games.
-In 3S, you may switch your super in between games.

CvS 2
-Double Elimination
-2 out of 3 during Bracket Match-ups; 3 out of 5 during Winners/Losers Finals and Grand Finals (due to time)
-No Game Breaking Glitches
-Any player forfeiting a match will be immediately disqualified.
-If you win a game, you must choose the same characters the next game AND may not switch your order.
-If you lose a game you may switch characters.

ST (If time permits)
-Akuma is banned
-Turbo Speed 3
-2 out of 3 during Bracket Match-ups; 3 out of 5 during Winners/Losers Finals; 4 out of 7 during Grand Finals

For All Games
-Any out-of-hand behavior will result in immediate disqualification from the tournament and/or will result to removal from the arcade.
-All games will be set on Free Play and Event Mode.

Changes from the Last Tournament

The one main problem from the last tournament was spacing. Thats all about to change. For this tournament, all the games will be placed outside of the arcade room that way theres plenty of spacing. They will continue to remain there from that point on for regular business as well as future tournaments.

Sometime before the date of the tournament, we will have pictures posted showing you where the machines have been moved to.

Cabinets

Okay, definitely the biggest disappointment for this year since the company that makes our cabinets is on back order (I dont know why). I was planning on getting at least two more showcase cabinets for this to work, but it turns out that planned got ruined.

So this is how the cabinets will be setup for this tournament:

CvS 2 will have two showcase cabinet setups.

MvC 2 and 3s will each have one showcase cabinet and one Capcom cabinet (the slightly bigger sized blue cabinets like Camelot has). These games wouldve had two showcase cabinets, but the plan got ruined. So this will have to do. HOWEVER, we will have the Finals/Losers and Grand Finals played on the showcase cabinets.

ST will be put into the showcase cabinet that 3s is in after the conclusion of 3s.

Heres Directions to the Special Parking Area:
(Two ways depending where youre coming from)

From Mt. Vernon Ave. (10 E/W):

-Head North on Mt. Vernon until you come to Johnston St.; TURN LEFT.

-Head West on Johnston until you come to Bordwell Ave.; TURN RIGHT.

-The very first gate you see on the right side, enter through there.

-At the gate, hand in either a printed out or hand written paper with: Pro-Swap-Meet Fighting Game Tournament 7/17/04; then you will be granted access. Park anywhere in the designated parking area, just remember to leave plenty of room when it comes time to leaving.

From Mill St. (215 N/S):

-Head West on Mill until you come to Mt. Vernon Ave.; TURN LEFT.

-Head South on Mt. Vernon until you come to Johnston St.; TURN RIGHT.

-Head West on Johnston until you come to Bordwell Ave.; TURN RIGHT.

-The very first gate you see on the right side, enter through there.

-At the gate, hand in either a printed out or hand written paper with: Pro-Swap-Meet Fighting Game Tournament 7/17/04; then you will be granted access. Park anywhere in the designated parking area, just remember to leave plenty of room when it comes time to leaving.

Final Things:

All controls will be checked prior to the date of the tournament.

Around halfway through the tournament, we will have an intermission and have pizza and drinks. This intermission should roughly be about 20-25 min worth so that everyone can relax, have some food and drink, and chat with one another.

What Im hoping for is by the time we reach intermission, all we have left are Finals/Losers and Grand Finals for the games.

This will be a great tournament this summer as well as pre-evolution practice (although Evolution is on consoles this year).

Thats about it. Any Questions, just post them on this topic.

Dope. I’ll be down for sure once I find out my schedule for July.

Tournaments, free play and food! What more can you ask for? I’ll be there fa sho.

Hey Hey MINI G~!! and Kennywood!

:).

Ima be down there for sure for that tourney, hehe everytime in Cali, you always tend to hold a tourney when i am down there :).

DJ since ur coming, i’ll show up cuz we gotta treat out of towners vip status:)

peace ~1~

ill be there

i need my rematch against Pigadoken!

Hey PHat_toi…

Oh really HEHE~!! ^_^, what is it??

I cant wait…

I’m coming. Don’t ask me how. Call it intuition.

rick: attention whore.

brood: o fa sho, now i know i can use a-groove…hahahaha. it’s my home arcade and the sticks are purdy. naw, we’ll keep it thug…k sagat bison blanka vs p kyo sagat cammy. =]

dj-b13: phat means…he’ll hook u up phat style…if that makes any sense.

KILLA!

dam love ur av

ill try to show up to get some practice .get my super turbo on.

come with ur gear bitch…i’m talkin about the pink dress and pink shoes…HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

you know fernboi…im coming wit the freshest gear. everyone beware im taking pink to the next level

Oh Dang…

PSM man…nothing but the best there.

Luvely sticks, luvely cabinets, and now

plenty of space, plus food, plus free play

and competition…dang Mini G, yous a gangsta

Southtown is sure to attend this baby, since

school is out and the weather is perdy luvaly.

Peace Out
-Drizzt
(Willy)

Willy: Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Say sup to the other southtown people for me :cool:

<3 PSM…

Reset: Let’s get some MSP money matches :slight_smile:

MINI FUKKING G: thank you for the cheese fries and that monster burrito…not eating for 24 hours isn’t as easy as i thought…=]

OOOOOOOOOH WEEEEEEEE!!!

PUT IT IN THE AIIIIIIR!!!

Since day one, PSM has been good to Southtown. Y’all best believe all Southtown will be there, except for the Muffin Man since he now lives in Vegas. Nice explanation for the tournament Mini G. I don’t have any questions… nope, can’t think of one.

Pigadoken: Watch out son! I’m working on my P - Kyo, Geese, Sagat team. I was weak as hell at Phat Toi’s Tourney 'cuz I was drunk… nuff said, can’t play that way. no p-groove, can’t live that way. But your P is too nice. :cool: Your Yama is too ill. Hope I don’t have to face you first round.

See ya fools at the tournament. Peace.

• PBB

Just wanted to bump this shit up.

P.S. Hey Eugene, what about GGXX? I’m sure there are some GGXX heads around here too hoping to get some games in…

I don’t have it anymore :frowning:

I don’t really see GGXX as that great of a tournament game and it doesn’t really do that well in business over here.

3 more weeks…
OKAY!!!