PRO tips for people looking to get into the tournament scene

I just played in a tourney in NJ with some SRK folk last weekend and decided that a lot of new players could use some tips for how to prepare for a real tournament.

Here’s part 1 of a short guide I wrote based on my experiences.

Part 2 should be done by tomorrow. Let me know if you think I missed something. Thanks ahead of time.

I read this part in the voice of a radio infomercial lawyer about settling your taxes with the IRS and I damn near hit the ground laughing:

“Find a place to sit, and use the gear you packed to take up at least 4 chairs. You’ve now established your psychological, fiscal, and volumetric dominance before walking 20 feet through the door. If that’s not an advantage, I don’t know what is.”

Hahahahaha, that was pretty funny. Good stuff.

Also the part the above user quoted was where I lol’d hardest too.

It’s funny you mentioned that, since Part 2 includes some pro tips on using the IRS to help you win matches (no lie).

Hahaha. Great work, I like your style.

Interestingly enough, my friend has this bigass briefcase that he keeps all his gear in to gain the very advantages you speak of.

"In case you didn’t know, Sanwa is Japanese for serious fucking business…"
I lol’ed hard because I kinda know that mindset somehow.

More please.

This is amazing.

Just out of curiosity, what was so monumental that happened at EVO 2K6 that it got so many references?

It’s stated pretty clearly in the article that several people died, and Daigo took his ultimate form.

I could have sworn Daigo took his ultimate form at Evo 04.

Daigo was retired in 06, the biggest thing was probably Wong’s Cyclops comeback

He just wanted you to THINK he was retired. He was actually still participating in events by splitting his soul into several pieces. But in 2008, Justin Wong located Daigo’s horcrux and destroyed all but one.

wtf is this?? harry potter and the Daigo horcruxes?? lol

^ I’ve always wanted to ask why your avatar is some gay looking dude staring at the viewer like he wants sex or something?

My avatar is a picture of myself. I’m not a homosexual as you would like to imply. Reason I put my own face on there?? is cause I’m comfortable with who I am and I don’t care what other’s think inregards to my appearance. The picture was when I was outside my house when I had to move my stuff outside cause some painting was being done so I lifted the camera snapped a shot and seemy my stupid glasses blinded the camera on reflection and so i stuck em in my mouth and snapped again.

I always thought you had a ripped lip or someone was pulling at it with a fishing pole. Seriously, it looks a lot more like some sort of deformity than it does a pair of glasses.

lololol well the picture is scrunched up to fit the avatar requirements for this forum sooooo. lolol

Why is half of your face paralyzed?