Problem modding Hori EX2

Hey all,

So I replaced the buttons and gate on my Hori EX2 and it all works great except for the Y button. No matter how much solder I use, it will NOT make a connection. When I use the tester thing (I forget what it’s called) to check if it makes a circuit when touching the solder, it works. When I touch the other connections on the bottom of the daughter board, nothing. All the other buttons work.

I’m assuming the contacts were damaged somehow, whether it was too much solder or whatever. I’ve read that you can actually eliminate the daughter board altogether and solder directly onto the PCB. My question is how exactly to that, or where would be a good place to try resoldering the button.

Thanks in advance.

Pics please.

Check the ribbon wires coming from the daughter board to the main board. Continuity test the path from the daughter board to main board. When working on the stick it is possible to tear off those wires. You might have to do a circuit bypass if that is the case.

I’m on my way out the door to go to work but I’ll post pictures later tonight.

How do you do a circuit bypass? I’ve heard that you can solder the other 4 buttons directly onto the PCB but I’m not sure WHERE to do it and I don’t want to risk screwing up more than I have.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

It is where the black ribbon wire goes to.

I don’t know if this will help.
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=195454