Problem with Mad Catz Soul Calibur V Arcade Fightstick Soul Edition and Super Street Fighter IV PC

So I just bought and opened up a new Mad Catz Soul Calibur V Arcade Fightstick Soul Edition for Super Street Fighter IV on PC and I’m running into a problem.

Basically the computer sees the fightstick as a Xbox 360 Controller instead of a joystick. It doesn’t do this with my friend’s Mad Catz Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition where when plugged in the game will recognize it and open a new button config. screen specifically for joysticks.

To work around this I just input the controls as an Xbox 360 controller, but unfortunately there’s a problem because regardless of how I change the button layout the game sees heavy punch (which is the B button on the stick) as B still. Also in-game even with all of the proper buttons setup it still thinks heavy punch is a medium kick (since B is medium kick on the Xbox 360 controller) yet all of the other buttons work fine.

I checked and the drivers seem to be fully updated and I’ve went to the fightstick’s properties and all of the inputs are being read properly. I even set the fightstick to the computer’s preferred device.

So can anyone help me out with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It’s the way the stick is wired. It follows Namco’s NOIR layout.

Remap the key in the game or do a quick switch of the wiring if it bothers you.

It turns out I derped and I had to change the controller 1 button config. I didn’t change it in the first place because I also had another Xbox 360 controller plugged in. There’s no way for it to register as a normal joystick. Thanks for the help though! :smiley: