Problems With Akuma

akuma

Ok I’m new to the game but am still pretty decent. I was playing this guy who chose Akuma and all he did was sit in the back corner and throw fireball after fireball, then the jumping fireball. Would you consider this as a tactic that’s completely fair or would you say that the dude playing as him was being cowardly.

Not cowardly just lame. Not using akuma to his full potential and maybe a lil’ cowardly but I’d lean more towards flat out lack of skill. Dash in, parry when necessary and whoop his ass!

It’s kind of irrelevant what anyone thinks of the tactic, if you can’t beat it, its good :lovin:

A lot of the time Akuma is better off playing keep away or “cowardly” than aggressively.

AKA you play this way and you are cowardly as well?

This is a “fighting” game not keep away

Don’t litter this forum with scrub talk.

troll alert

haha i wonder if he has seen pherais akuma in play to call him a coward pshhh

Yeah I thought I was trying to help someone with a legitimate question for a second. I was responding to what I thought was him saying he was basically ST playing him and it was annoying.

First and foremost just because you say the word scrub at all means you need sunlight and you must be a huge TLC fan. Stop living on forums. Secondly if you actually read what I put, there was a question mark behind the ending word. Are you acknowledging you do play this way, because if you were offended so much by the question it must have struck a cord somewhere in you. Sorry I don’t sit at home all day on my custom arcade stick and play endlessly, then go back to my computer to analyze what I did with the rest of the Street Fighter community. What happened to just playing the game? Why do we have to go online and talk it over with the rest of the world about our strategies and how we handed or got our asses handed to? If you sit in a corner and launch fireballs while I’m dashing in to do some real fighting the only “scrub” is YOU. You’re a lame.

Thinking a tactic is lame is just a personal preference. While a tactic that is winning games is good (versus a certain player atleast). Anyhow even if it could annoy me I wouldnt call it lame, 3rd strike has counters to everything. Just adapt and force him to adapt in turn, or he will surely loose.

Don’t play the game and unsubscribe this forum. That’s your best option after writing that.

Cry more? :sad:

[quote=“TheJokerCPC, post:9, topic:44117”]

Sorry I don’t sit at home all day on my custom arcade stick and play endlessly, then go back to my computer to analyze what I did with the rest of the Street Fighter community. What happened to just playing the game? *Why do we have to go online and talk it over with the rest of the world about our strategies and how we handed or got our asses handed to? */QUOTE]

This is what this section is for (not word for word), strategy discussion. Thats what most of us do here and is actually what you were doing from the beginning. Having trouble fighting someone and asking for tactical advice on how to avoid it from happening again. I think this is a perfect example of why 3s is only popular with people who are serious about it or people (scrubs) who just want to do something to win and go “nananananana! fuck you I win!”:arazz:

If the tactic works you should use it.

This forum should be closed and burned. People are just getting too pissy about all of this. Seriously, we’re just out here to help each other out. Its a game we ALL like to play. If some people like to come onto the forum and talk about strategies, moves, combos, etc. That’s there business, but there’s really no call for people to start getting at each others throats. If you REALLY wanna settle it. Play each other or something I dunno.

If spamming fireballs is what wins Akuma matches, it’s in no way “lame” or “cheap.” Like they said, it’s scrub talk. If the guy jumps up and shoots fireballs and you can’t get in close enough to do an attack, and you think it’s lame, guess what nobody gives a shit. It’s a move in the game, and by saying “Yo that guy’s a lame coward for shooting fireballs and turtling” you’re setting your own set of non-existant rules into the game that nobody cares about.

It’s a move in the game, figure out how to counter it and then cry about how they beat your counter somewhere else.

Winning is winning. It’s not like he used Gill or cheat codes. And yes…pherai is a lame. heh

The question you should have asked is “What can I do about people who repeat this pattern of air fireballs?”

My answer: Depends on what character you are using.

What should I do if Ryu is my character of choice?

Learn how to parry. Jump forward…parry the fireballs. Then no more problems. It’s not like he’s even spacing them right and if he’s using ground fireballs like you say he is…the match should be SOOOO free.

The only time parrying won’t help you a whole lot is when the opponent actually knows how to space and properly set up air fireballs. Then parrying them really does almost nothing for you.

Another nice thing is Ryu’s ex fireball will go through one of Akuma’s fireballs and (if timed right) hit him and knock him down, allowing you to close in to bring the pain.