Problems with the SE edition not registering right?

I got mine from GS today. Cracked it open and low and behold right direction does not work at all.

I searched a bit but I couldn’t find anything and the search feature is kinda ass so I wanna see if anyone else is having this/has fixed this.

Did some testing. Reguardless of the position of the control panel LS/DS/RS switch it doens’t work. Wont Register on the xbox or register in a game. Looks like I may have to call madcats.

Edit: So I called GS cause madcats is closed and they said its only supposed to work with SF4. What in the hell. Buyer beware I guess.

Wow… GS is really good at lying =O I really doubt the SE or TE will only work for SF4 since I’ve heard of people already using it for HDRemix. Have you tried listening to the stick to see if its hitting all the microswitches? Maybe something could be loose in there but regardless, switching modes wouldn’t do anything to change that.

I would take it back to the store or whatever and get a refund.

"So I called GS cause madcats is closed and they said its only supposed to work with SF4. What in the hell. Buyer beware I guess. "

That’s just blatent horse manure being sprouted from someone who doesn’t know what they’re talking about. if the direction does not register in windows (control panel - game controller - properties)… Then it doesn’t register, nuff said. The joystick is not going to suddenly work in SF4 if it does work anywhere else.

Madcatz isn’t going to help you now. Take a snapshot of the inside so we can see what you’re seeing.

Maybe he meant cracked it up as in got it and opened the box?

But yeah, if you unscrewed it and opened it up, then your warranty is void.

doesnt matter how he opened it. if you open the stick, it voids the warranty.

aka - everyone thats having problems with these sticks and is opening them to take a look is screwed if its a board issue.

I think he means “Cracked it open” as in opened the packaging the stick comes in when you buy it, not unscrewed the bottom plate and opened up the actual stick.

Mine has some joystick sticking issues sometimes but nothing like this. Take yours back. Don’t believe that SF4 bullshit, all my inputs work perfectly in HDR.