PS2 and DC version differences?

I was wondering if there are any differences between the PS2 port and DC version of SF3 3s? For some reason I can’t perform the same combo’s I see on the DC port on the PS2 port. Is there some setting I am not enabled?

DC sucks, PS2 pwns…thats all you need to know.

dc is terrible, there is lag on your inputs. so your timing will be fucked if you get used to playing on DC.

DC is the Best Version!!!PS2 is crap, if you can’t get the DC version, get Xbox version for online play, but you will not have a problem if you use a good arcade stick!!!

YEAH OMG WTF BBQ!!!111 DC VERZ10N is DA BESTEST!! No unblockables and can’t do half of the advanced arcade combos cuz of button delay!! YAY!! Bestest version evar!!

:rolleyes:

When fanboys collide.

I play Yun. I found juggles to be harder to do on the on the dreamcast. Hit detection also seemed a bit suspect on the DC version. If you don’t have a stick, the dreamcast controller is terrible (especially for street fighter as fierce is on the left trigger button).
As soon as a switched to the PS2, juggles became a lot easier to do. I’m not sure this is because of laggy input on DC as sexshih said, or that the gamespeed isn’t quite right, or perhaps both.

So PS2 :tup:

DC :tdown:

Humcast, have you played the PS2 version?

For some reason the control works better for me in DC with a converter and a PS2 Contorler, then for the PS2 itself? Inputs and regular attacks?

DC pad > Saturn > PS2

button configuration?

The d-pad on the DC isn’t bad, but I’m liking the PS2 more in general. Moves are easier to execute because of the segmented d-pad of the ps2. The segmented d-pad also makes super jumping a little bit harder than to do. The DC trigger buttons are just bad for fighting games. I don’t see what button config has to do with this. Whatever attack you have assigned on that left trigger, you are going to have to deal with a pressure sensitive button with a lot of play in it. Besides that, I don’t really like doing qcf/dp, charge, hcf, etc. motions on my left hand while pressing the left trigger.

Even if you have a stick, I still had problems with the DC version. It seemed like the aspect ratio wasn’t quite right causing the edges of the screen to warp. When it comes down to it, I have both consoles sitting right next to me, and when its time to play, I choose the PS2 version.

A lot of people here are saying “such and such is > than this” with out backing it up…

Did I mention that the DC controller has a relatively short cord coming out of the bottom of controller and that the controller itself is bulky?