ps2 VGA box

Unfortunately, you can’t search for VGA, XGA,or any other useful thing that would have allowed me to skip over making this post.

Does anybody know if there are any lagless VGA boxes for ps2 (or any other source, for that matter). I’m not looking for an upscaler like XRGB or anything. I just want a lagless VGA converter to my VGA monitor so I can play ps2 games (My samsung DLP isn’t really an option). I hear good things about ‘XGA box’, but the internet is full of idiots so I’d rather hear it from somebody who knows what the hell they’re talking about. Thanks for any info.

yeah, I want it but I’m interested. I’ don’t care about VGA monitor. I stick T.V.
If you want it that’s okay. don’t be again screw-up. I know LCD is cool!

Check www.play-asia.com has !

most ps2 games(id say 95%) doesnt output vga so the “ps2 vga boxes” wont work for you. the so called vga boxes are nothing but shit-tier upscan converter. your best option is XRGB2 upscan converter. I have one and ps2 games looks great on my 31" gateway vga monitor. yes I know its a lil pricy but totally worth it and you can use it for other systems like wii.

I refuse to buy something like that without knowing FOR SURE that it was lagless. That’s why I was making the thread in the first place.

If it’s got a laggy frame buffer or something, it’s useless.

I didn’t know if there was something out there that did a lagless conversion to ANY supported PC monitor resolution. I don’t feel like getting a XRGB 2+ or 3 for a few hundred dollars, when I could get a new SD TV for that amount and use that.

If i really do have to just buy a new SD TV for my ps2, then so be it, I guess. Even if I use an upscan converter on my TV, it’ll still lag (Samsung DLP loses).

I just wanted a lagless shitty converter for use on an old junk LCD PC monitor.

Oh wells. I guess what I’m looking for doesn’t really exist.

I guess I could dig my shitty old TV out of the closet, but I was hoping for something a little more elegant than having a second TV in the room.

Try this one. I bought the first one for the xbox and it works perfectly. Very clean. I want to buy this one since it supports other consoles. My Xbox was suppose to be my Capcom 2D fighting game system but since Capcom didn’t make an XBox Version of Alpha Anthology I’m gonna have to find a VGA adapter for the PS2. I play my fighting games on VGA because it reminds me of the arcade. Never tried this one but Neoya’s first VGA adapter is awesome. I’m sure this one is good but don’t take my word for it.

http://www.x2vga.com/product

Something seems shady, there. It claims to do basically all the stuff people buy the XRGB 2+/3 for, but at a fraction of the price.

Obviously, it’d be nice if it’s true, but who knows. The biggest question is if it’s lagless, and we have no way of knowing.

Basically, ALL I want to do is play guilty gear in my living room. You wouldn’t think it’d be that big of a deal, but it is. My 50" Samsung DLP is the death of ps2 gaming. Even something that only takes progressive signals would be fine, since i’m truly ONLY going to play guilty gear (in progressive mode).

There 2D-fighter don’t have high definiton on T.V. that’s why Capcom remake Street Fighter HD game on 360 and PS3 for buy from online. I heard use 16X9 screen that widescreen is freakin awsome. I can’t waitin…

My collection 2D-fighter games must use on old T.V. look better picture. Don’t do to use large T.V. look milllion jaggies Shitty!

Oh god thank! Sony fix updated fireware 1.82 system on PS3 upscaling any games. 780p is fuckin sweet awesome!

this one seems to just be a vga transcoder …so it wouldn’t work with normal ps2 games , only the very few that support progressive scan.(it’s nothing like the xrgb).

since the op only wants to play guilty gear , he’d be fine with any cheap component–>vga transcoder(only like 50$) or , if his monitor supports “sync on green” , just a plain VGA cable like the blaze one.

This is the exact information I was looking for. Thank you, good sir.

Here’s the cheap way to do it, pro scan only:

http://skygate.bravehost.com/PS2_VGA_cable.html

Note, if your monitor is a trinitron, it almost certainly has sync on green capability, so you would just need to hook up a few wires to make it work, no circuits or anything.

Does anyone out there know if these PS2 games support progressive scan:

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Soul Calibur II
Soul Calibur III
Virtua Fighter 4
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
Tekken Tag
Tekken 4
Tekken 5

If all these games support progressive scan then I should be alright with the X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder by Neoya, right?

http://www.x2vga.com/product

There’s actually even a wikipedia article on which games support 480p on PS2. Note however that almost NO PAL games do.

–flux