PS3 Dual Shock 3 DPad Issue + Alternative Pad Choices

Hi guys. I bought my PS3 way back when GTA4 came out. Back then, the console came with a Sixaxis controller (the version before DS3 that dosn’t have rumble). This controller is the one I’ve been using for all my fighting game needs. I bought a T.E stick, came straight back to the pad. When Super Street Fighter 4 came out, I bought a DS3 but never really used it because my Sixaxis was still fine. Now that it’s on it’s last legs, I started to use the DS3 for Street Fighter. I soon realised a few problems.

To make a long story short, the DS3’s pad sucks in comparison to the Sixaxis when it comes to fighting games. First of all, they changed the finish from smooth buttons to rough buttons with a grip. My thumb sometimes gets stuck on down during fadc ultra’s and stuff like that…

…But that’s not my main problem. They either changed the weight or the sensitivity of the dpad, or my controller is faulty. If I press down on the pad, if I take even the slightest bit of weight off of fully pressing down, my pad starts registering neutral. Now this is really pissing me off. I’ll be pressing down back during a combo and because i haven’t got enough weight on the down button (despite the fact my thumb still is pressing down enough that it definitely should register it), my character will stand up.

I even made a video to show you how insensitive the response of the pad is to me pressing down.

[media=youtube]IHrKNYwUfBQ[/media]

Yes I am taking weight off of the down button slightly here and there, but not to the point where it should be responding like that.

So my questions are:

1. Any ideas how I can fix the issue without having to buy another pad?

2. Can someone recommend me a 3rd Party Pad that you can charge exactly like the official PS3 pads?

I have a funny feeling it might be that i don’t like the response of the DS3’s dpad, rather than there being something wrong with my pad…but there’s definitely a huge difference between the weight and sensitivity of the Sixaxis dpad and the DS3’s dpad. One that I don’t like.

Thanks In advance.

I’ve never felt this difference between Sixaxis & DS3.

Our local pad expert (2nd-best SSFIV in Ireland) has been playing on DS3 for probably 2 years now.

I’ll ask him if he knows what you mean.

Though I suspect you just had a bad pad to start with…

[quote=“kikimaru024, post:2, topic:120348”]

I’ll ask him if he knows what you mean.

[quote]

thanks

same here…but i don’t want to have to spend £40 finding that out lol.