PS3 Mad Catz SE PCB problem, dual-modded with 360 Fightpad and LED FGWidget

Every time I plug in the USB for the PS3, it activates the start button, and then the start and select buttons become inactive when I press them. All stick directions, main face buttons, turbo, and home all work fine.

Is there anything in particular that I should be looking out for? Here are a few pictures that I took. I can provide more if you know what the problem may be.

In the second picture, the green wire covered up with hot glue is what I think is the home button signal. Tell me if I’m wrong.

If you see something that I should/shouldn’t have done and how to fix it, I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Wait, so when you push the buttons down, they are off? And they are on when you don’t push them down?

Sounds about right. Though the start button is the only one I can tell activates when I plug in USB cable.

Is this in 360 or PS3 mode? Or both?

i had the same problem with my 360 te’s i did the led mod on mine and the start and select. i checked all my button wires and everything . it came out to be a ribbon cable was twisted and kinked i straighted it out and it works fine. check your ribbon cables and see if that is what it is

Alright, so I just removed the ribbon cables and freed them from whole mess of wires from the buttons and wires going into the LED FGWidget, and plugged them back in. Will test in a little bit to see if it fixed anything. But keep the suggestions coming!

Not really for the wiring, but when using hot glue, you should avoid covering the solder spot. You should glue to the wire and the pcb but not directly on the solder spot.

Yeah, everything I did didn’t really solve anything. I’m gonna just scrap the idea of dualmodding this the old fashioned way and put in a PS360 PCB instead.