Ps360+ error fixed... now with an even more weird.. error

Hey guys I just installed a ps360+ last week. I’ve been playing fine with my ps3 and my PC but tonight I brought my stick to uci fight nights, plugged it into an xbox360 and suddenly it’s not working in any system (ps3/360/laptop. I’ll plug my stick in and the p1 and p4 lights will flash on the PCB and die right after. Any idea what it could be? I already updated to the lastest firmware the night that I was able to install the PCB so it cant be the firmware.

Updated:

okay, i finally got home and so… its now… a weird situation.

I did what you suggested and reinstalled the latest firmware, and afterwards, it worked fine on my PC, but then I plugged it in my ps3, and it wasn’t registering, i plugged it back in my pc and it was working fine, i even forced it in 360 mode and it worked on my pc as well. I then plugged it back in my ps3 and forced it in ps3/pc mode and it still wasnt registering. any idea what it could be?

First thing I’d do is make sure the firmware is updated. Beyond that, did you try a different cable?

okay, i finally got home and so… its now… a weird situation.

I did what you suggested and reinstalled the latest firmware, and afterwards, it worked fine on my PC, but then I plugged it in my ps3, and it wasn’t registering, i plugged it back in my pc and it was working fine, i even forced it in 360 mode and it worked on my pc as well. I then plugged it back in my ps3 and forced it in ps3/pc mode and it still wasnt registering. any idea what it could be?

Did you switch cables?
A bad cable can make the PS360+ very finicky

no, unfortunately i only have the one rj45 to usb cable.

Actually, I did have a seperate USB cable that i plugged directly into the port on the PCB itself. and it has displayed the same problems as my rj45, this in fact isolates the problem to the PCB itself unfortunately :frowning: Is it possible to downgrade the firmware?

This is really strange because it’ll work in both USB modes on my PC (ps3/pc and 360) but neither will work on console. I think i have a PS2 Rj45 from my MC c’thulu I had a couple of years ago. I’ll try that soon

You aren’t trying the direct USB port with the RJ45 cable still plugged in are you? Make sure there’s only one cable running to the board at a time, you can see issues with USB otherwise.

Usually recognition by PC but not the systems is a signal problem.

wadafuuu, of course not XD I may be a scrub but I’m definitely not an idiot. besides aren’t they too close?

Ah, it appears they might be close enough to fit cords for both ports at the same time.

Thanks for the info phreakazoid, any idea where to go from there before I ask for an exchange?

Hey @TheZombieDeviant‌ - I got your message forwarded from Jenni. She handles orders, as opposed to tech support. :slight_smile:

So far, if I understand correctly, you’re able to get the PS360+ to work specifically on PC with USB and RJ45 to USB cables, but it does not work on the PS3?

Because the order is past the 30 day return window, I’d like to ask to allow us more troubleshooting before a replacement is sent. Can you please send a message to support@focusattack.com with details of your joystick, any photos you can provide, and description of the problem? Matt Gummo (SRK Tech Talk Gummowned) can start a one-on-one troubleshooting conversation to determine if it is defective or something else can be done to fix it.

Please let me know by PM or email service (at) focusattack.com if you have any questions. Thanks!

yeah, it doesn’t work on any consoles, even though I can activate the different console modes on PC perfectly fine.

@jmanDMC she actually mentioned in the reply that she fowarded it to the company head AND tech support, should I still email gummo?

Okay - again, I ask that we can take a look at the PCB before sending it back for defect replacement. If you can show us photos of the PCB as installed into your joystick, how it’s connected, and other information, Gummo can make a solid determination.

With PCBs we’re dependent on various configurations that people use them in, and connect them to. Replacing it after the 30 return policy doesn’t necessarily apply to defects, but with various installs and types of joysticks, it helps to have a tech guy like Gummo reviewing and troubleshooting.

:stuck_out_tongue: You were asking for clarification in your first post that’s why I wrote that part, and that’s completely understandable and I’m willing to go the troubleshoot route first, but you didn’t respond to the second question :smiley:

Sorry - I didn’t answer the question because it it was added to your post only after I wrote my response.

Support (Matt) will still need some photos and more details. Matt may check out this SRK thread since he is now aware of it, too. But photos to see how you installed it will help. We never know what was done to the PCB or how it was connected until there is a means to see it.