PS360 into HORI HRAP-SE

Anyone done this? Any pointers/headsups/advice before I embark?

Take your time and write down what color wires went to what button.
Do the same with your joystick wires.

You might have to make a daisy chain for ground

Super good advice that I in my usual haste would probably have neglected.

I may have already ordered some extra wiring bits, I forget. I bought the supplies a while ago and the promptly postponed this project. x.x

figure out where to put the PCB before you install it so you dont accidently mess up with too short wires, and dont forget to snake usb cable

Yes. Cutting wires and exposing the ends is the easy part. Make sure you know where the PCB is going to be placed, how you’re going to keep it mounted, and make sure your wires can reach those areas. This is especially important if you’re using a RJ-45 or USB Male A-to-B cable, since they’ll need a bit of clearance for space on the inside of your case.

After that, basic reading and a healthy dose of patience will take care of the rest.

If you get stuck anywhere you can post pictures an we’ll help you out!

Yeah, this is why I was hoping someone had done this before and could say “Yeah, it was easy, just anchor it to the posts on the top left and bottom middle!” or “Yeah, it sucked, I had to file down a bunch of stuff and blah blah.”

Oh well. I’ll be sure to block off a big chunk of time. :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of velcro-strips. The glue side don’t seem to interfere with electrical function, and they’ll attach anywhere with some decent level of rigidity. Just don’t go around dropping sticks or throwing them around.

Zip ties work great for additional support too. I wouldn’t SOLELY use them as a mounting tool, but they’re a nice bit of added security. It ain’t pretty, but it gets the job done.

@Airk‌ I just modded an HRAP 3 over this past weekend. It is pretty easy since all you do is just strip wires and screw them into the screw down terminals. The hardest part about the HRAP3 was trying to figure out how to navigate the USB cable and where to mount. I ended up drilling a hole on the back left hand side to run the USB cable. It is in about the same spot as this stick:

If you’re not going to use a Neutrik, then you obviously don’t have to do this. But if you are using a Neutrik, make sure there is enough clearance on the inside otherwise you’re gonna have a bad time.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thats pretty much how I did it for my 2 Hrap mods.

Lol, those are my two hraps :slight_smile: It works out great putting the Neutrik rj-45’s in those spots. Good luck.

I had to cut off some of the plastic on the inside because I was using Neutrik USB and it was too long but still works out the same. It ended up looking like this:

http://i.imgur.com/f4OBy2Y.jpg

You guys are, collectively, my heroes.

Hey, I was wondering just to clarify you are talking about modding a hrap ex-se or hrap v3-se or kai version right? Because if you have the original hrap se for ps2 (unicorn stick) it is most desireable in it’s stock ps2 form. Just wondering since all you said in the title is hrap se.

Sorry, technically it’s an HRAP-EX-SE. The 360 stick (with Seimitsu parts), not the PS2 one.

Though since we’re having this conversation, I have an old Capcom vs SNK Dreamcast stick (The one with yellow buttons), which I believe is all Sanwa, and good solid parts. It’s been a LONG time since I connected it to the Dreamcast. What would folks suggest doing with that? Is there demand for those in original form, or should I take some steps to try to update it?

If you’re talking about the ascii black and yellow stick, I would keep it i its original form. That model came with a optical stick (sanwa flash clone). I remember people paying around 120 for that stick a couple of years back. Demand definitely died down since then.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6413/94902196.jpg

Is this the one you’re talking about?

That looks like it!

Looks great! Where did you get the White and Black colored rubber boots from? The ones that are around the Neutrik on your cases?

Thanks for the compliment :slight_smile: I got them from Focus Attack.
http://www.focusattack.com/neutrik-scdp-rubber-boot-for-nausb-ne8fdp-white/ for the white one
http://www.focusattack.com/neutrik-scdp-rubber-boot-for-nausb-ne8fdp-black/ for the black one
They also come in green,yellow,red, and blue.