Apparently people are not aware that (or how) they can share their PSN downloads. I thought I’d take some of my time aside and teach you guys how to do it.
First and foremost, I’d like to remind you to do this with PEOPLE YOU TRUST. After all, it does require for the person you are sharing your games with to log in to your PSN account to acquire the games. I am currently sharing with one of my RL friends and with SunocO, who I’ve come to trust in my few months here so far at SRK.
This works with a maximum of FOUR times. Once you’ve shared with 4 people, you’re capped. No more sharing. This is on a per-game basis.
Sony DID intend to do this. You will not be breaking any rules or risking losing your PSN account by doing this. They will, however, release some games as unsharable. You should take the time to read if a game is sharable or not in the fine print if you plan on sharing it with someone.
CURRENTLY UNSHARABLE GAME(S):[LIST]
 Warhawk (You can technically share this, but it can’t be played on any account other than the one that bought it. Also, after someone plays it, it is locked on all other PS3s sharing it for 24 hours.)[/LIST] People were under the impression that you can’t, but YES you CAN share Tekken 5 & Super Puzzle Fighter.*
If you’re the one who’s sharing, here are some tips:
- Clear your billing info.
- Change your PW, ESPECIALLY if you use the same one for other shit (SRK, E-mail).
If you’re having games shared with you:**
- Make a new user on your PS3.
- Go to Sign up for PSN, there will be an option to use an existing account.
- Sign in to the account of the person sharing games with you.
- Go to the PSN Store.
- Go to “Download List” at the upper right (This will display all games that person has downloaded, including those that they bought. It will be much faster than looking for them in the store.)
- Start DLs of the games you want.
- After you’re finished DLing, go back onto your account & install.
- **Do not delete the user account that logs into the other person’s account. IF YOU DO, THE GAMES YOU DOWNLOADED FROM THEM WILL STOP WORKING. You can play the games on your account though.
Remember, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE LOGGED INTO THE PERSON WHO IS SHARING WITH YOU’S ACCOUNT TO PLAY. YOU ONLY HAVE TO BE LOGGED IN TO THEIR ACCOUNT TO DOWNLOAD THE GAMES. PLAY ON YOUR OWN ACCOUNT! (The sole exception being Warhawk, which you most likely won’t want to share anyway).
For the hell of it, a link to the PSN: