Punishing with ibuki

ibuki

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Ok So I’m a new player I was wondering what is ibuki’s go to punish? I’m having a hard time punishing chars like ryu Just doing what ever he pleases risk free. Constantly jumping in mk into bnb combos even if I block them I can’t find seem to figure out how to punish him.  Also Turtle honda players just spaming the head butt move than backing up and doing it again. I’ve looked tons of places for the answers and azuna’s book Thx in advance! </span></font>

<font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>I think your problem is more fundamentals, than it is Ibuki’s.</span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”> SSF4 is not a game for jumping, every character has anti-airs to smack people out of the air, the opponent should not be allowed to do as they please. If they do manage to make you block a jumping attack, they will start pressuring you with their normals and you will have to guess if they are going to throw you or not, and of course, their pressure will be safe on block. That is called Street Fighter 4. The best option is not get yourself into that situation in the first place, so smack them out of the air, Ibuki’s anti-airs are c.HP, back+MP, close s.HK, and EX DP. They all have their different uses, usually back + MP is the best one.</span></font><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>Turtlers usually happen because of charge characters that have to hold down back, like Honda. You have to learn how to open them up, go to the training room and find out what are the best options to punish a certain move, or at least that will make you get a better positioning. I personally like dash forward after Honda’s headbutt, it isn’t really safe, but its hard for them to do much really, unless they read it. If all they do is back up, that means you are winning, because once they are at the wall, they are in big trouble and have no way to escape (granted if you actually don’t let them get out of the corner (aka: anti air and pressure them))</span></font></div></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><font size=“2”>One last thing, you are posting in the wrong thread. People wont respond and will get mad at you. Post all your questions in the sticky. the one titled “</font><b><font size=“3”>ASK YOUR SIMPLE QUESTIONS HERE!</font></b><font size=“2”>” </font></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”><br></span></font></div><div><font face=“Arial, Verdana” size=“2”><span style=“line-height: normal;”>lol</span></font></div>