Qanba Q1 Issue

Hello. Because I’m a ditz and was carrying way too much stuff up my staircase, I dropped my Qanba Q1. Everything still works just fine save the RT button. For whatever reason, pressing it treats it like an axis instead of a button press. From what I can also tell, one of the axises is totally off. I’m guess the fall did whatever to it, but I have no idea how I’m supposed to fix the problem. I’ve tried unplugging the connection to try and reset them, but nothing. Anybody ever experienced anything like this?

Connect your joystick to your PC (instructions for Windows) and go under Control Panel
-> Hardware and Sound
-> Devices and Printers
-> Right click Controller, then Game Controller Settings
-> Select the Qanba Q1 (find whatever it is called under Windows) and click Properties

Under Windows, the LT and RT button both share the analog Z axis. Having nothing on the Z axis indicates that the RT button is being pressed. Having a full Z axis indicates that the LT button is being press. Having it at 50% indicates that neither are being pressed or both are being pressed. Regardless of that, games still treat them as two separate digital buttons.

Based on your symptoms, I assume you will find a blank Z axis. I believe you busted the microswitch on your RT button when you dropped it.

Yeah, you appear to be spot on. Tested it and got the result you anticipated. Any clue how I could fix the microswitch then?

Aside from completely replacing it, I’m not sure you can. Does Eightarc/Qanba offer button/microswitch replacements?

I doubt any company would give a replacement if the damage is caused due to being dropped.
He can just buy any standard 30mm button and replace it and it will be fine. Now might be a good time to replace all the stock Qanba 30mm buttons with Sanwa or Seimitsu anyways.

Alright. I replaced the button, but I’m still having the same issue.

EDIT: Nevermind. Everything seems to be working just fine now. Thanks, guys!