Qanba q4r button response issue


#1

So after three year of using my Qanba, I think it is beginning to rust. So whenever I play BB, there are weird times where the R1 button will not even work. This issue would happen sparingly but today it has happened like three-four times. I would stand there, mash that button and my character won’t even do the normal. But then when I press like another button, it will work again the next time I try again.

What steps must I take now to address this issue? Will receding the wires do anything? Or is this related to it’s shitty PCB issue? Any way I can get a similar one that supports 360/ps3/pc? I like the toodles, but would like one that supports 360 as well.


#2

If the QDs are not loose, you probably just need to replace the switch in the Sanwa button. Actually, to test this, hook up R1 to a known working button, if it doesn’t happen then it’s the switch, if it does happen, then it’s probably the PCB.


#3

What is a QD?

While dismantling the button and switch I found a lot of gunk in the button. Could that be a possible contributing factor?


#4

QD is the Quick Disconnect which is the wires you pull off the buttons.

As for the gunk.
Was that at the bottom of the button or in the case itself?

I would still recommend you clean up the gunk in the case.
pull the wires off button R1 and connect them to a working button and test.


#5

You could just touch the disconnects together. Electrically, that’s all the micro switch is doing when depressed. Most likely you just need a new sanwa sw-68 switch in that button.

Edited for ridiculous auto correct.


#6

Did just this last night. Luckily I have so many spare sanwas.

Ill update and let you know how it works when I try it out.


#7

Yes actually. My friend had a bunch of gunk between his plungers and barrels in the buttons and it would stick frequently. so we cleaned it out, probrem solved. still, in a situation where you can press the button and nothing comes out, you should do what @pzlate‌ mentioned.

Yay claw players!


#8

I did just what Pz said and it seems to be working so far. At first I switched the switches to the buttons that were not working with the ones that worked (which I think fixed the issue). But then I decided to finally replace the buttons with new sanwas that I have kept in a drawer for about a year and no problems so far. LOL

Glad it was not the PCB.