Quanba Q4 vs EightArc Fusion

I’ve noticed that both of these sticks are carried on eight arcs website and both of these sticks share almost identical bodies.

Both sticks offer Sanwa parts (Surprise :P) and seem to have the same styled body, but is there any real difference between the two sticks outside of the price range. I’ve heard stories about the Q4’s dual board dying out on them, but haven’t heard the same of the 8Arc counterpart.

Are both of these sticks created and manufactured by 8Arc or are they just partners?

Both are made by Qanba.

That’s a shocker to me, considering how much they label EightArc over the box. Company probably just wanted a name change I guess, but that still has me wondering if the specs themselves are different. Q4 and Fusion offer the same things. The only thing left is the inner workings of the sticks. That or it’s just an overpriced model of the Qanba Q4

Even the wood and plastic is the same.
Even the PCB inside Eightarc is Qanba.

Eightarc is just label.
Eightarc is not Qanba though.
Eightarc just has Qanba making the stuff.

That’s really unfortunate news to hear. Such a deal breaker. Thanks for the quick responses

Not sure why you think it’s a deal-breaker. Are you saying that you would buy the same stick if it was made by Eightarc, but not if it was made by Qanba?

Yes and No

The reason why I feel it’s a deal breaker is because I’ve heard testimonies to the PCB’s placed in Qanba sticks to break down quite easily from players here on SRK as well locals that I personally know. Because of that and that alone, I personally have 0 trust in Qanba sticks. I can’t afford to pay for a stick only for it to break down a couple weeks to a couple months after I purchase the stick itself.

If it were made by eight arc and qanba had nothing to do with the making of it, I’d be more then inclined to purchase it as compared to the qanba, considering I haven’t heard a single bit of problems regarding the eight arc.

With these factors in mind, I figure that the only reason eight arc hasn’t been found out yet is because the cost of the eight arc is a bit more than the qanba, so only a few people probably have their hands on them and they’ve yet to report anything breaking down.

Maybe Qanba has fixed that issue, but I don’t know for sure and I don’t want to take an expensive risk

Where have you heard this?
I haven’t heard a Qanba break down

If you have zero trust in Qanba you will have zero trust in EightArc.
They are literally the same sticks.
There is a new version of the Qanba PCB, its a single pcb as opposed to the old one with a 360 pcb daughterboard.
I have one, but its still too new for me to be able to tell you any issues.

they have been replacing parts for everyone for free for every little thing people have been complaining about. they have the greatest customer service in this field i’ve ever seen. they aren’t even asking for a proof of purchase. i personally have a eightarc fusion ivory with zero issues.

So…the ONLY difference between the two sticks is that the Qanba Q4 uses a single PCB and the Fusion uses a Dual PCB setup?

I believe they use the same pcb. Only two differences: Eightarc has start button on top panel, Qanba has start button to the right of the eight buttons. Qanba has a handle, eightarc has no handle.

If you check around, at least one dealer received a shipment of Qanba’s with Seimitsu parts in them.

There’s a difference there otherwise, yeah, the Qanbas and EightArc sticks are the same. It’s sort of like the same situation with the license-produced cars in the US. For while, GM was producing a licensed variant of the Toyota Corolla called the Geo Prizm for its Geo line of cars. Very minor styling changes on the body, different seating options, and radio, but otherwise the same exact vehicle. Savvy buyers would get the Prizm because it was around $1200-$1500 cheaper than the Corolla!

Not so much difference between the Qanba and EightArc’s although the EightArc’s tend to be more expensive.

I have been looking at getting a Qanba in the future (with Seimitsu parts). I just haven’t heard anything bad about them here but I generally don’t go into the forum areas where people trash-talk, either. I don’t think that the Qanba’s are still anywhere as popular as the Horis and Mad Catz’s in the States (I hear about stick releases here but practically nowhere else on the web besides other hardcore fighting/tourney related websites) but they obviously have grabbed the lion’s share of the dual stick market of game players who do NOT want to do soldering or futz around with upgrade parts for the existing licensed joysticks… What they have in the US is doing well enough that they’ve at least become a solid third-place choice. I wouldn’t be surprised if they became the Number Two vendor in the US depending on who screws up within the next 18 months (assuming that Capcom and the other developers don’t continue the path they’re on to reproduce the fighting game glut of the mid-1990s — I am not that hopeful that they’re that smart, though…).

Can’t say I blame the people who’ve said “F’it” and just bought Qanbas. Stick upgrade/replacement PCB’s are not cheap and the Qanbas are more economical for dual-system users. Plus the styling has turned out a lot nicer than most of us expected and it doesn’t scream cheap like the Exar product does… The only reason to do replacement PCB’s for most of us is if we want to use the higher-quality controllers (joysticks) of today on retro-systems (SNES, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, 3DO, XBox, PS1/2, etc.) or if our original Hori/Mad Catz/Qanba PCB’s go bad. There’s still room for that market, too, as long as the old systems hold up and emulation gets limited by the lack of documentation for certain systems and written info on their CPU architecture. There are still legitimate technical reasons to hold on to some of the old systems!

there are 2 revisions of pcb, both brands of stick use the same pcb
the dual pcb setup was the previous generation pcb

the single pcb is their new one