Question about buying a Computer Monitor

Hey SRK,

You’re such a great source of knowledge, you are!

I haven’t bought a computer monitor in years. Hell, I know jack-shit about what’s new and hot tech-wise, so I need SRKs help.

I want to buy a computer moniter, but I would like it to have RCA plugs (audio/video), or even S-Video. This may be a silly question, but are either of thee uncommon or rare on a flat-screen PC monitor?

Basically, I want to buy a Wii and hook it up without either the RCA or S-Video.

Why not buy a TV, you ask? TV License: 150 Pounds a year. That’s why.

You can connect a Nintendo Wii directly to VGA input.
VDigi Electronics VD-W2 Wii VGA cable

wait, you need a tv license to use your wii on that tv? i thought those were just to get channels and such.

takahashi0 posted a great suggestion there.

Well, legally if you own a TV then you’re obligated to buy a TV license. I have heard of people defending themselves in court, but I’m not taking that chance.

Thanks for your help guys.

Many Dell LCD monitors have a large assortment of inputs. If you’re willing to pay more, you can get HDMI, Component(your best bet for a Wii in terms of quality), s-video, composite, etc.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-6272

This is one of the first monitors that pops up under their 24" listings. If you look under tech specs, you can see that virtually all inputs are available.

Now, keep in mind, Dell isn’t the only company that does this, but they’re pretty straightforward to deal with. If you want to find a good bargain, you can always go for something off newegg. I got my 24" Samsung from them, I love it, and I love my service from them.

Hope this helps!