Question about combo's with 'xx' between two moves

A ?xx? [double x] between two inputs denotes that the next moves before the double x is cancellable into the move after the double x.

What does that mean? I thought you had to use MP+MK to cancel into a move. Trying to work on some combo’s but keep failing at this part. Example: c lp, c lp, s hk xx EX move

It’s a cancel, do the motion as soon as possible after HK. Focus (MP+MK) is to cancel stuff that normally doesn’t combo.

Whose combo is this?

It is a combo for Dudley, its the example combo I posted and the EX move is MGB. Guess I am just gonna have to keep drilling them. I can pull off most the combo’s until the xx EX move

Some moves, like Ryus crouching medium kick, can cancel into another move if you input the command fast enough, without the need to fadc it. Crouching Medium Kick into Hadoken is a very simple cancel. Other cancels include Cammys crouching medium kick into Spiral Arrow, Akumas crouching medium punch into light tatsu, and even Chun lis crouching fierce punch cancel into spinning bird kick.

MP+MK canceling is focus canceling, or ex canceling

its a little different, it requires two ex bars to perform

MP+MK canceling is focus canceling, or ex canceling

its a little different, it requires two ex bars to perform