Question about RAP V3 SA/Brook compatibility

Hey, I have a question about stick PCBs. I have a Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii stick that has since been modded with the PCB of a RAP V3 SA. However, I think that the part that connected to the turbo area was ripped apart by the friend who gave me the PCB a couple of years ago, so I have no home button and Select+Start shortcut doesn’t do it either.

I wanted the stick to work on ps4 (without legacy) and was willing to buy a brook adapter, but without a home button, it’s useless. What can I do about it? Is there any way to hard-connect the home button solder the home button back or will I have to buy a new pcb? If so, what are my best options? I’d like the stick to remain PS3-compatible though that’s not a real necessity, is there a good dual/PS4-only PCB I can buy? Thanks guys :slight_smile:

The PCB of a RAP V3 SA should still have a Home button input, it would be rewiring that input to ether an existing button or mounting a new button on the case.
is your guide area of your Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii stick still there? It is possible to reconnect your Home button to the Rap board.

That’s the thing, I’m pretty sure the friend who gave me his pcb ripped the home button apart as he was soldering it =/ not sure I have the guide area either…

See this rectangle thingly with a Home and Turbo button and some LEDs, do you still have this thing?

Please note this particular stick is a Xbox 360 stick but your Wii Stick should have it own guide area.

Yeah I do but that’s what I meant, those buttons were ripped apart from the PCB so they’re merely aesthetical now, they’re not functional so I can’t use those for shortcuts; not that I know of anyway.

That is not how they are constructed, unless the buttons are glued in place, the board underneath is whats holding the buttons in place and keeps them from falling into the case.
And if that board is still there you can still wire up to those buttons.

Oh is that so, huh? Cool then, so what would I have to do to be able to use them as shortcuts for the PS3 home button? If I could do that then I’d be able to purchase a brook to use the stick for SF5 while still keeping it PS3-compatible.