Question about the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3

I want to order a replacement joystick for the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 from lizard lick amuzements. What are the specs of it? I want to replace it with the same one. Thanks in advance!

edit…I just noticed theres a HRAP FAQ thread where i could have found this out. (feeling dumb) I’d delete this thread now, but it has some spin off question and answers that other people might find useful, so i suppose i’ll leave it until further notice…thanks again though jdm714

HRAP 3 has Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK-VER.
You asked same one, I give.

Awesome. Thanks so much!

not a question about the joystick for the HRAP3 but what kind of screws/bolts can i buy from the local hardware store that will fit onto the top panel of the HRAP3? i hate having to use pliers to open up the top panel from the bottom. i want to replace it with screws that i can just unscrew easily and quick.

Check these out -

Welcome to Art’s Hobbies

I recently bought an HRAP3 and ordered these along with my plexi, still waiting for them to arrive but it looks like they should be pretty sweet.

Yes, get what Fullmetaleva linked.

yeah i read about those on a different thread but im too impatient for online ordering. was asking if theres any local hardware stores like home depot or rona’s?

Just get the toploaders from Art. You can’t really buy something to replace the stock bolts since its held by a nut.

There is a way to do it that is based off of the concepts of Art’s toploaders, but it’s tricky. I’ve never tried it since I don’t have a HRAP3 or EX (thank you EX-SE with allen screws).

For stock bolts, you’re going to have to go through the hardware aisle at Lowes or Home Depot to search for a replacement. If you have a copy of one of the stock bolts giving you problems, take it with you to find the right screw/bolt with the proper threading. Both stores (as far as I can remember) also have holes to test the threading of screws/bolts. Worst comes to worst, take the stick hardware (faceplate or stick base) with you to test replacement screws/bolts, too.

I’ve been lucky on occasion to find replacement screws for broken ones in two Hori joysticks. (And people here think it’s only Mad Catz that produces the occasional dud!)

Cheap zinc screws are used in the Fight Sticks and one of these broke in the Wii Fight Stick I modded many months ago. I fortunately got a stronger replacement with the same threading but with flat heads. It actually fit better than the stock Hori screws!!!

For my second Arcana Heart 2 joystick, one of the screws holding the joystick to the faceplate mount was broken. I had a heck of a time getting it out; I had to maintain pressure on the broken screw while I was unscrewing it! Again, I lucked and found a replacement for it at Home Depot. It screwed in fine but the experience also proved that the screw mount in faceplate mount was poorly manufactured, too. The replacement screw – identical to the one it replaced – had a hard time screwing in.