Question from CvS2 Noob

Yo, I’m a 3D gamer by nature, but have been getting more and more into 2D as of late. I was watching CvS2 vids, and trailers from EVO2k2, and I see something that Im sure everyone else here can do, but me. After a SC, I see people finish off w/ other moves/movements. For example in the beginning of the EVO2k2 trailer, I see Ryu cancel from a Shinkuu Hadou-ken, to a Hurricane Kick. How did he recover early, and be able to funish this. I’ve also seen Chun-Li finish off her LightningLegs Super, w/ a j.HK. How is this done. I think this is done differently from RC (which I can’t do either :frowning: ). If someone could help I’d be much obliged. Also, if anyone here plays 3D and 2d games, PM me. I have a dilema Im trying to get over. The way I’m approaching the game may be all wrong. Thanx.

Ryu had to have C-groove, which let’s you cancel lvl 2 supers into a special or super move, thats why the hurricane kick hit, he cancelled the s. hadouken into the hurricane kick. The last hit of Chun-li’s kick super is jump cancellable, then you can juggle in the air with whatever. Also, every fuckin body here plays 2-D games, and for future reference, ask character specific things in the characters specific threads, and browse them too, most of your questions should be answered.

Um. Maybe I was unclear, but this was more of a system related question. I was using examples. Thanx for being so polite about it. I kinda knew that every fuckin body here plays 2D games. Thats why I was askin. :lame:

btw, thanx. I do appreciate the reply. Just didn’t ask for the attitude w/ it.

Ryu had to have C-groove, which let’s you cancel lvl 2 supers into a special or super move, thats why the hurricane kick hit, he cancelled the s. hadouken into the hurricane kick. The last hit of Chun-li’s kick super is jump cancellable, then you can juggle in the air with whatever. Also, every fuckin body here plays 2-D games, and for future reference, ask character specific things in the characters specific threads, and browse them too, most of your questions should be answered. I’m not flaming either, just try to post more “general” stuff here.

Arigato. I’ll keep that in mind. Sorry bout that.

btw, How do you Jump Cancel? By pressing U, or is there more too it than that?

It’s superjump, and you do it by pressing down then up to superjump after the last hit of Chun’s kick super connnects.

One more question. This is a SYSTEM based question, but I’m using examples. Like when people us CC and cancel there attacks over and over. This can be seen in the EVO2k2 trailer when Iori was using a CC on Rolento in mid air, and kept canceling his Anti-Air attack. Can someone explain how this is done with ALL characters (if applicable). Arigato.

Go to gamefaqs, go to CvS2 FAQs section and get JChen’s System FAQ near the bottom. It should answer most any system related question.

For character specific CCs, you can find most of then in the CvS2 character sections of this forum.

Best… advice… ever.

I read that thing (all of it) a LONG time ago and since then had forgot it’s location. That thing is the SHIZZIT. Every player who wants to be great at CvS2 has to read that thing. I’ve been trying to find it to give to a friend for yonks. T.Y DM ;).

As for the cancelling thing, that’s what CC is :). It allows you to buffer any move into any other move, providing the move connects. This applies even to normals. This is why you can see someone like Sakura do 3 billion dp’s in her custom :D. All you have to do is input the dp right after the first one has finished all of it’s hits.

Thanx, I’ll go read that FAQ as well before I ask any more questions. Arigato.