Question regarding writing to potential employer


#1

I’m currently in hunt for a new job. I already came across a position that I think I will like, and have high odds of qualifying. My preliminary interview went well, and I scored high on the exam afterwards. However, I’ve been waiting for almost 2 weeks to have my follow-up interview scheduled.

While I’m sure they have their own reasons for the delay (just came off Thanksgiving, so wouldn’t be surprised if they’re really busy as well), but I really want to get this over with. My main concern is that I have another potential offer looming on the horizon, although I’m not as interested in that position.

So, I’m thinking about writing to the recruiter that I would like to have my second interview scheduled ASAP because I’m entertaining another possible offer. Would that be considered rude at all? I just want to state a matter of fact without sounding like I’m trying to rush them.

Thanks in advance.


#2

I would have just went with the other employer from the get go…you could try calling the first place on tomorrow to see if anything is up…(usually jobs are busy after that thanksgiving week) so I would not completely rule out the first job

time is money…


#3

What are you doing that has so many jobs lined up for you?

Secondly, just go to the other interview without telling them anything and weigh your options.

Protip: write thank you letters for interviews. This was taught to me by a hardass person who worked HR for years. Apparently these will work wonders.


#4

What are you doing that has so many jobs lined up for you?

Secondly, just go to the other interview without telling them anything and weigh your options.

Protip: write thank you letters for interviews. This was taught to me by a hardass person who worked HR for years. Apparently these will work wonders.


#5

Sorry, I guess I wasn’t being specific enough.

I had the initial interview and evaluation exam with the place I liked almost 2 weeks ago. The HR head said he will schedule a second interview within a week (which is yet to happen, and keeps getting staggered). Meanwhile, I had interview with another place last week, and it seems likely that they will giving me a offer soon.

Neither of the jobs are guaranteed, although I’m hoping I will get a offer from at least one of them. I just don’t want to potentially have to hold off a offer from the second employer because I’m waiting the first employer to get the second interview underway for me.

Thanks for the replies, though.

Pertho: I don’t have jobs stacked for me, lol. I’ve been actively looking for the past 4 months or so to get out of my current job. It just so happened that I came across 2 employers with high likelihood of hiring me within the same time frame.


#6

wait 3 days


#7

A buddy of mine has a GREAT method

he sends a picture of himself tied to a chair, with a ransom note cut from the newspaper, telling them to give him an interview/job.

So far he’s gotten a job as a GM of a restaurant, and 3 acting gigs (he was B2 in [media=youtube]xQvFnSIIuHE[/media])


#8

I haven’t even gotten any repsonses…so I just move on to the next opportunity.
At least you have a job so far.