Questions about HDTVs that are 200 Hz

This might seem like a silly question, but I’m not too knowledgeable with HDTVs
I once read in a site that to see proper 3D visuals, a TV needs to be 120 Hz. In that case, a 200 Hz HDTV SHOULD show visuals much like what a 3DTV would correct?

Also, would an HDTV be able to show videos at 60 FPS? Sometimes when I see Samsung HDTVs put on shelves, some of them would show the video running at what looks like 60 FPS, whereas others would show them as the normal Frames a TV would.
i.e http://zoome.jp/saikyooo/diary/82/
^Would an HDTV with high Hz be able to show videos running smoothly line in that video?

post in tech forum.

When you say 3D visuals, do you mean 3D like the current rash of 3D movies? Things actually popping out of the screen at you or 3D like Halo and COD are 3D? If you mean the former then you would need on the new the HDTVs that are specifically listed as being 3D ready, not just any set with a high refresh rate. If you are meaning the latter then no, you don’t need a 120Hz or higher set to play. Not only do all the consoles today only output at 60Hz, but I don’t believe that any HDTV, regardless of refresh rate, will accept an input signal that is higher than 60Hz. That is to say, just because an HDTV says it is 120Hz does not mean it will accept a 120Hz signal.

HDTVs can show 60fps video, though I don’t know if there are any players out there, outside of a PC, that can output video at 60fps. Games can obviously run that fast. The Samsung you saw in store probably had some kind of frame interpolation feature, I think theirs is called Auto Motion Plus. Basically it creates false frames between the frames that are actually there to give the video a smooth appearance. This is terrible for gaming, so if it is something you want for video, make sure to get a TV that lets you disable the feature.

^It would be the latter when I mean 3D, but based on ur 2nd paragraph, the Auto Motion Plus that gives smoothness is mainly what I want to know about. Why is it not good for gaming though?

It adds extra image processing and therefore extra lag.