Questions about putting bat top in Sanwa JL stick

I am ordering a bat top for my sanwa stick. Here is the problem I have. I am ordering a piece from lizard licks that somehow slides on the stick to make the bat top fit.

Can I easily switch from Bat top to ball? For sf4 I want the bat top but for My mame games I want the ball. How hard is it to switch? I am waiting on the pieces in the mail so don’t fully understand whats involved on converting the sanwa to a bat top.

It’s a screw in I believe.

To swap out the balltop, it is necessary to fix the shaft in place by accessing the very bottom of it with a screwdriver.

So the answer is you will need access to the bottom of your stick every time you want to change out the balltop/bat…and you will need a screwdriver of course.

Depending on your stick, that might take 30 seconds (TE) or a few minutes (HRAP).

Here, this pic shows the bottom of the JLF (pic courtesy of Lizard Lick.com, a site I recommend)…note the slot for the screwdriver on the very bottom of the shaft (just below the circlip):

I have the se stick, couldn’t I just use a pair of plyers and a towel to grab the handle and twist off the ball?

Nevermind I tried it and yes. Just grab the shaft with some plyers and twist the ball.

Possible, my steps were for the JLF…but if the SE doesn’t have the JLF…then the steps may be different.

Perhaps someone with an SE can come in here and comment.

My only question is how does the adaptor work to fit the bat tip on? Do you put it on top of the JLF after you take the ball off or what?

Both the jlf and se sticks are of the same design. Both methods work… Just pick whatever is more convenient

My JLF has a shaft cover on it…so the “grab the shaft with pliers” method would not work on my JLF.

(JLF is on an HRAP).

You guys aren’t answering his question at all. To put the bat tops on you need to buy the adaptor, the “hole” in the bat top is much bigger then the hole in the ball top. The adaptor screws onto the shaft and then the bat top screws onto the adaptor. And yes, it is very easy to change back and forth.

What?

>Can I easily switch from Bat top to ball?

Asked and answered.

>How hard is it to switch?

Same question, also answered.

>I have the se stick, couldn’t I just use a pair of plyers and a towel to grab the handle and twist off the ball?

He answered his own question on this one.

>My only question is how does the adaptor work to fit the bat tip on? Do you put it on top of the JLF after you take the ball off or what?

You are correct that this wasn’t answered, but one look at the adapter tells you exactly how it works.

It works if you pull the stick up a little, since the shaft isn’t as long.