Questions about the fightstick

Hey guys, first time poster long time lurker here, I love this community.

Question for you: I am having an unnecessary amount of trouble while using the fightstick in P1 starting position (ie moving right on the screen), however when I either start in P2 or face left, I can do everything that I need to do. It’s a good thing that I can get my grip positioning there, however I don’t want to be a 2P player only, like having to jump to the P2 side everytime I want to do something (I feel it is becoming a crutch).

I’ve looked up a few stick grip tutorials online and I still can’t seem to get the help I need. Is there anything else you guys could suggest? I mean I cant even do a Hadouken without stumbling.

Also I do absolutely fine with the controller, but I’d much rather use one of my ultra nice tournament editions than just my basic PS3 controller.

EDIT: In case you were wondering… Yeah I did read the sticky above (great info!) but it’s not what I’m looking for…

Sadly the sticky thread was right, I also began to use a stick recently and at first it all felt a bit alien like. But the more you practice the better you become at it.
Like the sticky said, do you’re moves slowly at first and graduatly turn the speed up. After a while it wont bugg you anymore!

GL!

I can see your point but at the same time, its not that it feels “alien” more or less I am having trouble with the grip positioning when my character is facing right. Thus I am trying to end what I feel may be a crutch later on now by nipping it in the butt…

Also the slowing down of the combo thing works great for me, but when I’m actually in the game it seems all that I have worked at falls apart. D:

Well that’s the alien feeling right there mate :). Also know that you don’t have to use that specific grip.
What i did to get used tot he p1 side is do halve circles for 2-3 hours straight just to get used to the feeling. It might sound stupid but it helped to get the ackwardness away.

You really just need to practice until you find something that’s comfortable for you. As for general execution, just slow it down a bit. You don’t have to slow it down by much at all - just wait a fraction of a second longer to hit the attack button after putting in the stick motion. If you find yourself doing tiger knee moves instead of double qcf/qcb ultras, you’re pushing the buttons too soon.

Or you’re not doing the motion completely

Check out the sticky

Rofl will do.

also @dDissAa thanks! I will try that, and if that fails then back to the sticky to re-read it another few times lol.