Hi, I used to be a videogamer during back in the SNES / PS era, but eventually quit because fighting games were some of my favorites and they were in the decline. Anyway, I’m trying to get into fighting games again, this time on ranked matches and maybe a tournament, but since the tournament scene in fighting games is completely unknown to me, I have a few questions.
- Although I plan to acquire an arcade controller, I tend to struggle with PPP or KKK combinations and some console fighting games had the options of setting these combinations to a single button (usually L2 and R2). Can it be done with the 7th and 8th button of the arcade controllers? Is this legal?
- Noobiest question ever. What do people mean with “their main character”? Does the main character has to be registered when entering a tournament? How many alternate characters are allowed? What prevents the game from becoming a “pick your character first. No pick you first. I insist” situation where everyone is trying to counterpick the other? Is someone forced to choose first? Is there a way to make hidden choices so no one gets to counterpick?
- Which console is more used for sanctioned play, PS3 or X360? Any bet on which one of the following generation may be used the most?
- Beside EVO, which other tournaments are famous worldwide? Is there an online sanctioned tournament?
- Which game has the best online community besides SF4?