Quick Question about joysticks for SE Stick

Hey guys…I was having problems the last day or two with getting my ball top and restrictor plate off my SE stick, but I finally managed to get both of them off, with many blisters as my reward lol…I tried to put my new octo gate (GT-Y) onto the stock stick, but I can tell its gonna be a pain not only to put on but to also take out…so I was wondering which stick should I get for my SE Stick since I might as well get a Sanwa one anyways

Im pretty sure it is this one correct? The Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK Joystick? Also will I need to get the wiring harness with it as well, or as Lizard Lick says, can I use the harness in the stick? http://www.modchipman.com/sanwa-jlftp8ysk-joystick-p-1735.html

Or is it this one: Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Joystick
http://www.modchipman.com/sanwa-jlftp8yt-joystick-p-1641.html

Thanks for any help.

You can use both of those. Only difference is the SK has a shaft cover on the stick, not a big difference really. Might as well get the first one since it’s the same price and you can easily take off the shaft cover if you don’t like it.

And yes you can use the harness that’s already in the SE. Only problem is you’ll probably want to secure the harness with electrical tape because it doesn’t fit snugly. But once you secure it, it’s fine.

Some sellers really need to write their descriptions better.
All Sanwa JLF will go into Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick?.
[SK] notation does not mean it will go into a Mad Catz Arcade FightStick?.

All Sanwa JLF are the same; some just have different prefixes to show what is added on.

Here the six variations listed in Sanwa Catalog:
JLF-TP-8 is Base JLF.
JLF-TP-8Y is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90.
JLF-TP-8T is Base JLF with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8YT is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90 with JLF-P-1 (Flat Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8S is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90 with JLF-P-1S (S Mounting Plate).
JLF-TP-8Y-SK is Base JLF with the TP-MA (PCB) rotated 90 with JLF-CD (Shaft Cover).

Of course other variations can be done too:
JLF-TP-8-SK, JLF-TP-8T-SK, JLF-TP-8S-SK, JLF-TP-8YT-SK.

I’ll just add this for completeness, since it is JLF:
JLF-TM-8 can do; JLF-TM-8T, JLF-TM-8T-SK, JLF-TM-8S, JLF-TM-8S-SK.

If you want the exact Sanwa counterpart of the stock Mad Catz Joystick, it is Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-W.
The exact Joystick in Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick? Tournament Edition is Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W.

And then you say, "Oh no, I can’t find JLF-TP-8YT-W or JLF-TP-8YT-SK-W. Where can I buy one?"
The [W] is there to designate Ball Top color.
I did say it will be exact.

So get whatever you want.
You will not need to by a Sanwa JLF-H (Wire Harness).
The Wire Harness inside the Mad Catz Case will be used.

If you get a JLF without Mounting Plate, you will use the stock Mad Catz Mounting Plate.
So remove from the stock Mad Catz Joystick.

Oh.
You’re the person with the stuck Ball Top.
Laugh.

Mad Catz Joystick is such a bad clone of the Sanwa JLF.
You will have super easier time removing Ball Top or Restrictor Gate on a JLF.

technically all you really need is the sanwa jlf pcb its like 12-13 bux. If you can get that stupid c-clip off the stock stick without damaging it, and get to the washer, just superglue it down and put everything back into place.

also, its not hard to remove a restrictor gate from the stock stick. It’s just that the stock gate is is made poorly. Sanwa gates are much easier to remove.

Not necessarily true; out of 6 JLFs I worked with, one was moulded badly & I could barely get the gate off.

Thanks guys…also if I wanted to make I was reading other threads and people said that the LS-32 a better choice than JLFs when using a octo gate and bat top. Is this true and is the LS-32 a drop in replacement for a SE Stick?

Seimitsu LS-32(-01) cannot use Octagonal Main Guide.
Seimitsu LS-33, LS-55(-01), LS-56(-01) can use it.

Thanks jdm for all the help…and are all those three drop ins for the SE stick? Which one would you suggest?

Like the LS-56for example…would I need to buy a mounting plate or can I use the one in the SE Stick? Would there be any additional things I would have to buy for it to work properly?

For the Seimitsu LS-56(-01) to fit, you would have to use Seimitsu MS Mounting Plate.
The LS-56(-01) comes default with Seimitsu VF Mounting Plate.

Seimitsu MS Mounting Plate comes stock with LS-33, LS-55(-01).