[R] Entire Patch History for SF4?

Looking for a list of all the patches since vanilla. Including secret/unlisted fixes if possible.
Where can I find that?

EDIT- I did a bunch of searching, See my posts below for some change/patch listings. Can’t guarantee they are all 100% accurate though.

I tried to break each post into ‘old version > new version’ for each time a new patch or release came about.
PS- They are long and ugly, so get your scroll finger ready.

I suggest using CTRL+F and searching a character or version SSF4, SSF4AE, SSF4AE2012, and USF4

PPS - I don’t know or remember if there were ever any change listings for SF4 before it went SSF4 so let me know and I will try and find them.

in the chaos dimension

to the best of my knowledge, no one has ever compiled such a list

Well, then can we dig up old patch lists somewhere and do that? I tried to google and all I get is stuff from the last year for USF4 only.

You can probably just google specific patch lists and you’ll be golden. Just think like a curious streetfighter from that time period. “I wonder what changes Sagat will get in Super?”

Google: Super Street Fighter 4 balance changes.

Add title sections for every SF4 version until desired effect.

http://watissf.dantarion.com/

um thanks, but how do we translate all this shit into simple words?
http://watissf.dantarion.com/sfultradiff/GKI_VANILLA_TO_SUPER.html

I mean I know SRK front page would often post a list of all these changes in an easy to read format for each character as well as overall game and engine changes.

And then later we would have people like Desk or Snootch or whoever posting hidden stuff later.

Ok, I found this http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/mar/22/gigantic-list-ssf4-changes-and-notes/
Which links to 3 other posts about SSF4 changes.

It is sort of disorganized because it doesn’t say whether or not the previous change articles were included or parts removed or what. Here are all 4 of them:

SF4 > SSF4

Released on April 27, 2010,Fighter IV. Super Street Fighter IV includes several new online game modes, five new stages and ten additional characters, as well as tweaks and changes to the existing ones, such as new Ultra Combos and additional costumes.[79] Among the added characters are returners T. Hawk, Dee Jay,[14] Adon, Guy, Cody, Ibuki, Makoto, and Dudley.[80] The newly introduced characters are Juri, a Korean Tae Kwon Do fighter who works as a spy for Seth’s organization, S.I.N.,[81] and Hakan, a Turkish oil wrestler.[82][83]

The game was originally released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, later getting an arcade version with extended content. The arcade version was later backported to consoles in the form of Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. A handheld version of Super Street Fighter IV, titled Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition, was also released for the Nintendo 3DS in March 2011, including stereoscopic 3D graphics and new features.[84]

Source: http://www.capcom.co.jp/blog/sf4/development_blog/2011/08/23_4052.html

SSF4 > SSF4AE

An arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV was released by Capcom in December 2010, titled Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition. Arcade Edition added Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu and Oni to the roster, as well as changes to the existing characters. The Arcade Edition was later released as both a standalone game and as a downloadable update.[85] In late 2011, a free balance update patch called Version 2012 was released.[86]

Found this article

sources this: http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/downloads/SSFIV%20Arcade%20Edition%202012%20Final%20Change%20List%20-%20US.pdf

**SSF4AE > SSF4AE2012 **

SSF4AE2012 released in December 2011,

There is no hidden change list or complete patch notes except for the USF4 one I made here: Unlisted Changes in USF4 No one else has put in the 10-15 or so hours required to make said list.

Source: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/22/usfiv-final-character-change-list

SSF4AE2012 > USF4

A new update called Ultra Street Fighter IV was announced for release in early 2014 at the 2013 Evolution Championship Series. Before the release of the game, Capcom set up test locations to gather fan feedback that was taken into account for the final product.[87]

The game was released in Japanese arcades in April 2014,[88] later being distributed for home platforms as both a paid downloadable update for Super Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition, and as a standalone retail game.[89] The update version for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 was released on June 3, 2014, with the full retail versions to follow on August 5. The PC versions (both digital and retail) are set for release on August 8,[90] the PC port being delayed to get the console versions ready in time for the 2014 Evolution Championship Series.[91] The PC version of Ultra Street Fighter IV will be the first game in the series to use Steam from day one, following the discontinuation of Games for Windows - LIVE.[92]

The update introduces six new stages, and five new characters: Rolento, Elena, Hugo and Poison (all four of whom had been featured in Street Fighter X Tekken),[93] in addition to Decapre, a member of M. Bison’s Dolls, who makes her first playable appearance in the series.[94] It has been revealed that, despite some of the new characters having been recently featured in X Tekken, their gameplay mechanics are substantially different in order to match the game’s pace.[88] The game also adds a feature called “Edition Select” which, similarly to Hyper Street Fighter II, allows players to select different versions of characters, based on their properties in past Street Fighter IV iterations.[95] Also, the update adds a “Double Ultra” option, which makes both of the character’s Ultra Combos available simultaneously, at the cost of them doing reduced damage.[87]

Alongside the usual balance changes, the update introduces some new fighting mechanics. The first is a new move called Red Focus, similar to the regular Focus move, but having more invincibility hits.[87] Also new is a “delayed wakeup” technique, which allows a knocked-down player to slightly lengthen the time before the character gets back up.[96] Finally, based on fan feedback, the update removes all unblockable setups.[87]

Is your list only of changes that weren’t shared publicly?

IE; I should post yours along side the public one(s)?

Yes it’s only unlisted changes that weren’t in the official patch notes here: http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend/blog/2014/05/22/usfiv-final-character-change-list

where´s my trophy for scrolling tactics?

Achievement Unlocked!

“Trigga Finga”

Learn to love this button.

One thing I have noticed since Vanilla that doesn’t seem to have been listed, is the fact that Akuma’s best kara throw isn’t is HK anymore. It’s HP. And while F+MP works to a lesser extent, it also seems pretty useless, and it doesn’t work as well to cancel into demons either.

I remember being able to demon cancel before hits very very easily and now it’s just as hard as in SF3 now.

that’s sort of the problem with sf4 patch info

1. Capcom never gave us all the facts
  2. We found some stuff that was on patch messages; didn’t find others
  3. our memories suck; we’re often wrong about stuff in the past

best of luck

there is a list on the SRK wiki, it doesn’t have all hidden changes, but it’s literally on the front page of the wiki