R.I.P. Ricardo "Dasrik" LaFaurie 10/27/1978 ~ 01-02-2010 (1st post updated)

I just found out literally 5 minutes ago… to those of you who know Dasrik, he passed away far too young. I will write more once I get more information.
Here’s the whole detail of what happened to Dasrik from his brother Joe Zaza…long read, but it’s well worth it.

Please post your respects and some of your fondest memories of Dasrik…Thank you SRK.

Edit: SRK has lost a valuable member. Dasrik contributed a lot to the MvC2 community. I was one of the few fortunate ones who has met him. I met him back in 2001 at NEC. Very humble and shy guy. He was such a wonderful person to hang around with.

My condolences goes out to his whole family. Zaza if you’re reading this, let us know what SRK can do to help out. Much love.

Also, to other moderators out there, please feel free to edit this post as you see fit.

Some good reads I’ve come across, don’t know if it might interest some of you out there, but here it goes.

From Zulu

From Viscant

As you can see here a lot of OG members came out to show their respects. With the likes of Omni, cl0ckwork, Sabre, and edrian showing their respects. This shows how much of an impact Dasrik has had on this community.

I also like to thank Waldo98 and Joe Zaza for sharing us this information quickly.

Word man? Damn R.I.P

Whoa whoa wait what? Dasrik died? Shit…rip man…

Wow. That’s really sad to hear. Speechless. RIP. :sad:

Wait…seriously? How/when did he pass away?

RIP

RIP Dasrik

Rip dude… It’s really sad to see your avatar-prophecy came true…

I’m with Sano, I’m absolutely speechless right now…I only knew Dasrik from SRK, but man, this is an utter shock. My condolence to his family and friends…

Met Dasrik back in 02. Great guy. Contributed a lot of good to the MVC2 strategy section. Really enjoyed playing him and his brother. Zaza, if you’re reading this, best wishes to you and your family. Let me know if you need anything

Same here…RIP SRK friend.
I was thinking Dasrik was just joking, and getting a new username. I had no idea he was seriously ill.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

RIP Dasrik

It sucks that such a cool person passed away like this. RIP.

Hold up, wait for real… on the same day the new SRK came by too. This is pretty fucked up, my condolences R.I.P man how did he die?

Damn, he was such a helpful guy on these threads. Im sure I would have loved to know him irl.

Here we go 2010. RIP Darik.

Oh no…nonononon…no no no no…no nonnonononono…nono…this cannot be happening. I…I can’t…Jesus Christ.

Holy shit. Man he’s one of the true standouts on this board. I’m shocked.

RIP man.

It was shocked to find out. Him and Joe Zaza were some of the first people to welcome me in a Rico game session in like 2002 or 2003. Contributed a lot to the blackheart threads as well. RIP.

If there is ever a donation for his funeral costs, count me in…

RIP Dasrik, you will be missed around here