R.I.P Ryan Davis

One of the co founders of Giantbomb.com and host of the giantbomb cast Ryan Davis passed away on July3rd just days after getting married. This awful news was released a few hours ago and i will miss his presence on the bombcast. After meeting the guy at pax a few years ago and religiously listening to the bombcast for the past 4-5 years i feel like ive lost a friend, i cant imagine how his friends and family feel. My condolences to them and R.I.P to Ryan, you will be missed.

Linking to kotaku is bad enough, but it’s especially insulting when you don’t even his the link to his own site: http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/ryan-davis-1979-2013/1100-4685/

It really is a giant loss to gamers, Ryan was an integral part of the greatest podcast ever. I’ll definitely miss one of the funniest men I’ve had the pleasure of listening to. RIP :sad:

For those who don’t know this charismatic asshole: http://www.giantbomb.com/ryan-davis/3040-93335/

So he was fat, did he die because of fat or some other way?

The cause is still unknown, but that’s the easiest conclusion.

His death devastated a lot of people, including myself. I’ve been a fan of his since his GameSpot days. I’m pretty sure Jeff was hit hardest by this tragedy. Jeff and Ryan were like Ryu and Ken.

Here’s a funny vid of Jeff and Ryan playing Babysitting Mama:

Here’s Harmonix’ tribute to Ryan:

RIP.

Thank you zoolander for teaching me the proper etiquette on my attempt to inform others of Ryan Davis death. Its “especially insulting” that you deiced comment flaming but You’re right, i should’ve made giant bomb a hyper link, naming the site simply wasn’t enough. Theres a reason i posted the Kotoku link, below the someone posted one of Ryan’s last tweets.

Linking to kotaku isa bannable offense if I’m not mistaken, and even if its not it’s still the high school rumor mill of gaming so linking to it and giving it more hits only reinforces how complacent gamers are with shitty “journalism”.

Anyways, It’s nice to see many people on sites such as neogaf give a shit about this guy’s death, GB will not be the same, the chemistry between him and Jeff was perfect.

Never heard of the dude.

I’m not even being facetious.

If you’ve never heard of him give this latest bombcast a listen. His friends/coworkers talk about how they met him and good times they had. Like all the other bombcast its funny, even though its centered around sad event.

I didn’t actually listen to the Giantbomb podcasts, but it is a sad occasion when a person loses their life at such a young age. R.I.P. ryan.

-Starhammer-