Raging Storm Minnesota! April 17th,2010, Min, MN

I am proud to deliver what the people want and that is Raging Storm MINNESOTA!

The details are being ironed out, but I wanna post this up and give people enough time to start planning for it.

This is yet another tournament that is a Qualifier for Raging Storm SoCal!

Staff:
Dark Geese- Head Raging Storm Minnesota Planner
Dj_Delly-Head Tournament Assistant
Shogun17- Head Tournament Organizer
DevilDigimon- Head Tournament Organizer
Jra64- Tournament Organizer

Date: April 17th, 2010

Format: Double Elimination payout is 70-20-10 except Smash: 60-30-10
Games ($10 entry per game):

1. Garou MOTW
  2. Twinkle Star Sprites
  3. Samurai Showdown II
  4. KOF 98UM
  5. KOFXII (PS3)
  6. Magical Drop
  7. SF4 (if Super isn’t out yet)
  8. 3s
  9. ST HDR
  10. KOF MIRA
  11. TvC
  12. KOF 2002 UM
  13. Tekken 6 BR
  14. GGXXAC
  15. Smash Bros. Brawl
  16. Smash Bros. Melee
  17. KOFXI
  18. Melty Blood AA**

More will come later! Look forward to finally meeting the Minnesota Neo Heads!

so dope.

i’ll be bringing the tss rape, the scrubby ss2, garou, and MD3…

first to say 98>98um

Show the rest of the world what TSS and MD3 are all about!

Thank you so much DG :china:

No KOFXI (Eleven) on the list?

You might have a few competitors in this game, but it’s all good. The choice is yours Masta Gesse. Unless we get a peoples opinions, but we’ll see what happens.

I’d love to add KOFXI, but I thought you guys didnt play it what I was told…so if you guys want trust me I have no problem adding KOFXI!

I’ll add it! :nunchuck:

No BB? :frowning:

Can you supply us BB and at least one setup?

Is there a Smashboards Thread?

I havent made it yet, Digimonemporer is doing it…he’ll let you know when it’s done.

I’ll be there. Smashboards thread will be up by Monday.

yes, i can hook that up.

Okay then that is something we can add…What system though?

I’ll most likely be going for HDR and I may just sign up for Garou (a.k.a. donate to the pot).

We do pretty much everything on PS3 in MN, at least as far as official tournaments go.

Speaking of that, what systems are things going to be on? I believe we have enough people and copies of stuff for Neo Geo, although djdelly would be more in tune with exactly who has what. Otherwise, a few of us have modded PS2s for Garou (although NG is preferable), and copies of some of the games for both PS2 and PS3. Would you want people to provide setups?

Also, I presume the “6. Magical Drop” is actually Magical Drop 3, correct?

MD3 is Magical Drop 3. I would prefer everything to be on PS3/Modded PS2/regular PS2 except the Neo Geo stuff. Now the issue with the Neo Geo stuff is I know some people of mine are going to want to use their PS2 controllers/Sticks on the Neo Geo so do you all have some of these? I will be bringing 2 modded PS2s, 2 PS3s, and a lot of Games including the Neo Geo Collections.

Thanks a lot, Lukus, this is much appreciated. This is one of the very few places in the Midwest that actually has SNK competition. I hope people from out of state takes notice, especially since compared to the other regions, there aren’t too many regional Midwestern tournaments. I’m going to try to bring medals for 1st, 2nd, and 3d place and trophies for each game (engraved).

Erik: I want a run back in TSS. Each game we played at Meltdown was closer and closer, and I know I can beat you.

Phat. I’m definitely going to practice some of this KoF games. It’s been years since I’ve played them. :stuck_out_tongue: Most Def bringing in my scrubby BB play.

last year I didn’t lose a match… practice up Tarken…:wgrin:

Do you think we could have 1 or 2 360s for SF4?

I would also like to ask if we can get a facebook page on this :wink:

I’ll make sure we have plenty of neo set ups and enough neo games.

Personally I can provide the following:

1 Neo AES two neo sticks with: SS2, MOTW, TSS, MD3, RB2, 98
2 neo MVS boards with: SS2, MOTW, TSS, 98

I’ll have access to to at least 5 more neo set ups, possibly some cabs, and a slew of other games.

As far as PS2 to neo adapters, I don’t have any, but they are fairly easy to make and/or buy, so I’ll look into getting a couple.

Facebook page