Random Encounter: HD Remix Biweeklies -- Auburn Hills, MI -- Starts October 10th 2009

Our favorite $15 Xbox Live Arcade pickup is getting a biweekly tournament series in Auburn Hills, MI!

Random Encounter Biweeklies
TO: Chris “The Mad King” Lakatos. I’ve hosted the We Ain’t Ann Arbor Brawl series at the Chill Zone, and have had nothing but praise. Any money you earn is in your pocket the moment the event is over.

October 10th, 2009
Registration begins at 11:00 AM
Play begins at 12:00 PM

Great Lakes Crossing
4000 Baldwin Rd.
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

Venue owner is Sean Johnson. The Cafe itself is located across from FYE.

Entry: $10
Venue: $5 (subject to change depending on number of entrants)

Prize distribution:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

If 32 or more, 4th place gets their entry fee back, and then the prize pool is recalculated for 1st-3rd.

Game: Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Console: XB360

XB360 standard controllers can be provided by the venue, as long as they are also returned to the venue. If you want to use an arcade stick or some other controller, you are responsible for bringing it.

Format: Singles

Rules:
-99 second timer, no dipswitches, HD mode, default gamespeed
-Best two of three for each set. Losers/Winners finals are best three of five, and grand finals are best four of seven.
-Double elimination bracket

-Blind character picking for first game of each set
-For each subsequent game in the set, winner’s character stays the same, and the loser may select any character.
-Akuma is banned

Additional venue rules:
-NO, and I mean, absolutely NO drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, or anything else allowed in the venue (remember, this is in a mall). Violating this rule means that you will be disqualified and your venue/entry fee will not be refunded.

-No excessive profanity.

NEEDED: Hard drives with HD Remix! I will talk to the venue owner about the possibility of lowering venue fee for anyone who brings a hard drive with HD Remix on it.

GET HYPE!

I tried running HDR as part of my tournaments right after it came out. We never got more than 6 people.

Good luck, though. Try to set yours up so they don’t conflict with the MI ranbats please :slight_smile:

I’m always willing to lend my stick out if I don’t need it.

And I’ll bring my HDD. I don’t need a discount.

It’s 1 PM and I’m still the only one here.

Son, I am disappoint.