Rapture soon to be a reality?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/silicon-valley-billionaire-funding-creation-artificial-libertarian-islands-140840896.html

“No Gods. No Kings. Just Man.”

Would you kindly stop blowing up the master plan?

I’m move there and have a billion kids with hottie hipster chicks, build a bunch of shanty-town slums to get rich off, pay my employees in small measurements of tea leaves and carry a samurai sword and pistol so no on messes with me. :tup:

“We have to stop him!”

"We should have taken him seriously. Now, it’s too late. A land without a king. Without laws.

“…My God.”

HAY I’M GOING TO LEAVE MY MARK ON THE WORLD lol :D!!!

interesting idea, it just shouldve been carried out much sooner than the 2000s

They should dump all the criminals on the island. Then televise it :badboy:

And we can call the show “Australia”.

Im not gonna lie

I’ve always wanted a shanty town

What was the point of mentioning the Clock of Long Now at the end of the article?

Oh and I’d like to see what would come of this. I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately.

I’ll head on over in twenty years, beat up mutant hipsters with a wrench, and leave when I can shoot clouds of bees from my arm.

The world will come to a violent, catastrophic end just like it did on May 21st, 2011.

…or June 6, 2006.

…or May 5th, 2005.

…or December 31st, 1999.

…or September 6th, 1994.

What I’m trying to get at is that given the overexposure, hyperbole and flat-out bullshit that comes with doomsday predictions, I’ve become so disenchanted by the idea of an apocalypse scenario that the only way I’d believe one to be true is if I died as a direct result of it.

wait wut about sept 6 1994?

Harold Camping, the predictor of 5/21/11, also predicted the 9/6/94 doomsday.

As you can tell, the man has a flawless track record when it comes to predicting the end times.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh shi- man, I need to start working on my Master’s in Anthropology; if I can hang out and document that theoretical clusterfuck it’ll be amazing.

HEAHUHEHUEHEHEHEH.

Now that’s a reality TV show.

Did you even READ the article?

OP is not talking about THAT rapture. Damn.

Anyway, after reading that article I have to admit that I’m intrigued by the idea but I don’t know if it’s plausible. Plus, the cost of living on a manmade island is going to be through the fucking roof.

I wish we could still neg people.

Come at me.

I’d name mine Tromaville

What about the supposed planetoid coming near earth in september?
[media=youtube]MqV0StQbJQs[/media]