Rate the Evo 2k5 DVD trailer!

Let me say that this trailer is 100% better than the “teaser” that was released a few weeks ago…

Great content of all games, fair and balanced. I only have two issues.

1. “Return of the King?” Everyone who has played Marvel since it came out, including myself, knows that Duc’s win last year was a joke. He hasn’t adapted his gameplay at all, the only reason he won, to be 100% honest, is because he didn’t play any of the people who were around back in the day when he used to play. Poor Yipes never even fucking fought Spiral before…what did you expect to happen? Mark my words when I say that Duc Do will NOT be winning MvC2 at EVO this year, and if he faces ANYBODY who was around back in the day…INCLUDING myself…his Spiral gimmicks won’t work. This is just overhype of a fluke win that the Marvel community actually shakes its head at…most of us saw the results of EVO 2k5 as a step back, instead of a step forward, for MvC2.

2. That music…was…horrible. Maybe if this was a trailer for Fidder on the Roof 2k5 it would have been a better choice, but next time, please stay away from music from horrible musicals only 10 people liked anyway. Generally, if a bunch of fruity film critics liked a movie, you should stay away from it like the plague.

Overall I rate the trailer probably an 8 out of 10, which is pretty damned good since I’m very critical of everything. It would have gotten a 9 if the music wasn’t so bad.

I loved it, especially after the long wait. My drug fix has been replenished for now.

trapcode ftw

Learn to read much? Just wanted to point out that it says return of a king, not the king, implying more than one king. Thanks.

Actually I had an issue with the trailer myself.

Everyone who has played ST since it came out, including myself, knows that DSP’s ‘4th place that he considers a national championship’ last year was a joke. He hasn’t adapted his gameplay at all, the only reason he won, to be 100% honest, is because he didn’t play on the same version as the people who were around back in the day when he used to play. Poor Watson never even owned a PS1…what did you expect to happen? Mark my words when I say that DSP will NOT be winning anything at EVO this year, and if he faces ANYBODY who was around back in the day…his gimmicks won’t work. This is just overhype of a fluke win that the ST community actually shakes its head at…most of us saw the results of EVO 2k5 as a step back, instead of a step forward, for ST.

Ouch FMJ, ouch.

;D

Holy Fucking Shit. If I were Phil I’d never post again after that. :wow:

hahahahaha brilliant!

i don’t know why u guys are trippin on the song…it was dope! it goes good with the video.

I liked the trailer.

But then again I was not featured at all on it. So beacuse I was not on the trailor or at least my ST corner of doom i will not be happy. Not to mention at no point was i given credit for EVO using my TV and cabinet for the finals. Thank you DSP for showing me the light on how to be a selfcentered asshole.

Of course all that was typed above was jsut a joke. Much thanks to Mr.Wizard, the Cannons, Omni, S-Kill and Henry Cen. All of you did a great job and i was more then happy to help any way that I could.

And DSP… Stop it just stop being a dick.

Seriously, they should of had atleast one picture of your god like cab. Remember without the help of the players, the community wouldn’t last.

Credits:
CigarBob = for having a peice of artwork that is intergrated into my favorite hobby.

FMJ - lolercoasters

I thought the trailor didn’t give a whole lot of why you would be dying to grab one of these DVDs. Rather, it was just name dropping with half-exciting clips through out most of the video.

Music: 1/10
-god damn.

Presentation/Edit: 7/10
-Like I said, it was just too repetetive with all the name droppin. The edit was clean and very well done though except for the last (very long) 30 seconds with just the evo logo.

Content: 7.5/10
-it had some hot clips.

I don’t know why everyone is bashing the music… It was odd at first… but it really picks up and gets going once the games are introduced. Plus, its a nice change from techno tracks on every other video.

The editing was the best I have ever seen in a vid… hands down. The Music Syching was spot on… the clips were awesome… I am SOLD.

Props to JChensor for having the balls to use music that isn’t techno and for putting what is probably several DAYS worth of time into making this video something special.

Cool video, although, i’ve never heard that version of ‘Evolution’ before…

Great trailer. I personally enjoyed the music and the presentation. I’m glad you guys didn’t go with jpop this time around. Makes me want to get my hands on the dvd asap. thanks

FMJ - lol

too fucking good.

http://library.thinkquest.org/11922/cats/jaguar.jpg

raaaaaaawr owned

I’m just glad it didn’t have Ayumi’s song remix version xxxxxx in it.

I’m in agreement as it concerns a dislike for the music.

The production was through the roof on this one though. Fantastic presentation from JChensor. He outdoes himself with each trailer he puts together.

As mentioned earlier though, there’s nothing in here that makes me want to go right out and buy this DVD. The only clips that really blew me away were a couple of the Marvel related ones (Clockwork’s stuff was just nuts). Considering you can see any of this material (gameplay, not actual EVO footage) on any number of free vids all over the net, why plunk down all that money for a delayed product?

On a related note to the Marvel players out there. I’ve had top 8 since Toronto got back from EVO and that footage is fantastic. If you’re gunning for Marvel footage, it’s a great pickup.

Ninja Edit: While Phil didn’t really put it out there in a nice way, his point is sound. Yipes had no clue how the hell to deal with Team Duc Do because it was simply before his time. It’s odd that I was just talking about this yesterday with a friend and said the exact same thing. If Justin had made it through, it would have been another repeat.

bomb trailer :] I love how i don’t make players guide or trailer though! W00t!

Thanks all, for the compliments. And even the critiques. :slight_smile: All are welcome.

I will say this much: I did want to avoid all J-Pop and Techno and whatever, so I went with a crazy song choice knowing full well people will either like it or hate it. It’s definitely about as abnormal as you can get, so I fully expected many to hate it. :slight_smile: If I get to make more trailers in the future, we’ll see how I feel then and what song I choose. :rofl:

I will have to say I loved Phil’s critique of the music. ^^ “…please stay away from music from horrible musicals only 10 people liked anyway. Generally, if a bunch of fruity film critics liked a movie, you should stay away from it like the plague.” I guess that’s what I get for actually personally knowing film critics that are on RottenTomatoes (even related to one of them). ^^ I’m too ensconced in the “fruity film critics” circle.

• James