Well, if you’re going to play him, you gotta know how to be cheap with it! Or at least when/when not to use the electricity:
Because you build LOTS of meter even if you whiff, it does LOTS of guard bar damage. You can follow it up with customs and it’s fun to annoy people with it.
- After cross up j.Forward (Don’t even bother to RC this one)
- Against poke heavy people (Other Blankas, Sagat, Cammy, Rolento).
- As anti air, it’s free damage, you have the chance to follow it up with a custom if you want to/can.
- Just whiff a bunch to build meter, “intimidate”.
- After a whiff Jab/Strong ball. You can use the ball to cross up and do electricity then or just land in front of them.
Whiff something long enough for you to do the piano method (Fierce, Strong, Jab, Roll -> Fierce or Jab) or (Jab, Strong, Fierce, Roll -> Fierce or Jab). The jab version is the best one to use to whiff to build meter. Most people will either do c.Short/c.Forward, dash, or command hop to set it up.
It’s sort of quick, in 2 parts. The initial “piano” (Fierce, Strong, Jab) or (Jab, Strong, Fierce) is part 1, then the roll -> Jab/Fierce. The initial problems that you will most likely encounter are pressing two buttons at the same time during the piano or doing the piano too slow and have the roll come out instead of the electricity.
Couple practice runs, you’ll be a champ in no time!