Real Arcade pro V kai xbox One dual mod problem

I ended up Dual modding it with a Hori Mini 4 pcb using a dtdp switch (like I always do). The PS4 works great but now the Xbox one side gets all crazy as soon as I plug in the controller. It’s like it activates a bunch of inputs and the just stops working. Everything on the PS4 works great. Does anyone know what it might be?

Third party PS4 padhack options

Most PCBs have a marking of what buttons they represent.

I’m sure by looking at it, you can determine immediately what button is for what point.

Do you have a multimeter? You’ll be able to tell it’s common ground straight away and that’s the first thing you’ll need to determine.

I’ve seen some threads that mention the need of some resistors to mod, but I wouldn’t be able to tell you how to determine that.

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve modded a few sticks before. The thing is , I don’t have the stick yet so I was hoping I could find this out before getting it.

Oh, ok, that makes sense :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I don’t have that stick (nor do I know anybody with one) so I am unable to post a pic of it.

Its like no one even bought that darn stick hahaha.

I didn’t buy that one because I didn’t want to bother modding it. I instead bought its PS3/PS4/PC cousin the HRAP V Hayabusa

I currently have Microsoft tore credit that I want to burn through and realized that they sell this so I was thinking of buying it and just dual (quad) modding it with a Brooks PS4/PS3 PCB.

But there is very little information on it and I don’t want to just assume that it’s a simple mod like all the other Horis I’ve worked on.

I ended up Dual modding it with a Hori Mini 4 pcb using a dtdp switch (like I always do). The PS4 works great but now the Xbox one side gets all crazy as soon as I plug in the controller. It’s like it activates a bunch of inputs and the just stops working. Everything on the PS4 works great. Does anyone know what it might be?

Update: it works on Xbox One for a little while, then it just starts going crazy. So it’s not always right away. PS4 still works fine.

I just tested it in windows 7 and it works great (One mode). All the inputs function correctly. But it still acts up when plugged into Xbox One. Any think they might know what’s going on?

How is you console switching work?
Are you using a DPDT switch or a Imp?

DPDT, I’ve tried 2 different switches but it acts the same. I’m guessing it might need diodes like the PS4 Kai.

Can we get photos of your DPDT switch?

I ended up removing the dtdp switch and soldering the d+ d- from the Kai pcb directly to USB (to rule out the switch being the issue) and nothing changed,.still the same issue. I was pretty sure it wasn’t the switch, I’ve done a few dual mods using the same method, but wanted to make sure.

Is all boards connected to power and ground?
Also anywhere with your Xbox One PCB did you mix up the white and green wires of your USB cable?

No, and I ended up removing the switch and soldering the green and white wires back to the Xbox One PCB and it still goes crazy. The weird thing is, it works perfectly on PC, even in Xbox One mode.

I’m just going to remove the Fighting stick Mini 4 pcb at this point. It’s driving me crazy. Thanks for the help @Darksakul

Remember in a dual mod all boards need to be connected to ground, boards need to be connected to power (VCC).

They are. That happened to me once and I learned from my mistake :slight_smile:

My guess is that these PCBs aren’t compatible or the Kai needs diodes.