Regency Fun Center's Marvel Tournament - Lakewood, CA - 03/08/08-03/29/08

Finally the Regency Fun Center will be holding a Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Tournament

As you all might have heard over the past couple years, Regency has some of the sickest comp in so cal. It was only a matter of time before we finally have another tournament after like 5 or 6 years. Come out an show some love or get whooped on in marvel or do both.
Location**:

Regency Fun Center
2440 E. Carson St.
Lakewood, CA 90712

This is no ordinary tournament, this tournament will last for one month. We will be holding a tournament every week for Four weeks. Mark your calendars for March 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th, those are all Saturdays so there shouldn’t be too many excuses.

Here’s how its gonna work:

Tournament Fee:
$5 Entry fee EVERY week and it will be pay to play.

After much consideration, it has been concluded that it is better not to play for the xbox. sorry to those of you who were trying to play for the xbox but it is agreed that playing for cash would be the best way to go. If we play for the xbox, there would be virtually no cash prizes and apparently no one wants that so it will just be cash prizes.

Be there no later than 2:30. sign ups are at 2 and we want the tourney up and running no later than 3. does that make sense? whatever just show up.

Rules:

• Tournament will be Double Elimination Format
  • Bracketed match-ups will be 2 out of 3 games
  • Grand Finals will be 3 out of 5 games
  • No game-breaking glitches (freezes or other inappropriate tactics resulting in unfair advantages)
  • In the event of a tie, the match will be replayed
  • Any player forfeiting a match will be immediately disqualified
  • If you win a game, you must choose the same characters the next game: If you lose a game you may switch characters
  • You may switch your order between games
  • Any out-of-hand behavior will result in immediate disqualification from the tournament and/or will result in removal of the arcade.
  • Any player that forfeits their assigned match can not receive any prize money or compensation of any kind
  • The Tournament Director and/or Regency Fun Center reserve the right to change the rules at any time for any reason without notice.

It’s a month from now so come by, check the place out, get some practice on our sticks. Just come an scope out the competition, best night to come out is Wednesday nights where the Marvel and 3s machines are pretty packed and its like playin in a small tournament anyway. just sayin…

shit halo 3 xbox edition… im in nigga

Yessss

Freegency.

wait, so there are no cash prizes at all?

omg is that dat soo MIGHTY!?!?1

that has yet to be decided

so if you guys were to get, let’s say 40 entrants each week, that’s $800 plus the pay to play, plus the raffle tickets you sell at $5 a piece. All for a 360 and Halo… Things have changed since I ran tournaments at Regency…

Alrite, so the tourney is comin up. It turns out, i’ll most likely be running the tourney. problem is, i’ve never ran one before and i guess what i’m sayin is i need a lil help. also since i’m in charge, i’m saying there will be cash prizes, what i dont know is whether i should give the prizes every week or just wait till the end of the tourney. i’m a total noob when it comes to shit like this so i’m juss lookin for help where ever i can get it. plus i dont really know how the split up the money. lol, yeah i need help…

Lets get it on hahahaha…

Does anyone know if Dorian is going?

What time are you hoping the tourny to star.

I’m planning to have the tourney start at around 3. is that cool for everyone?

ill go

i will be in attendance with special guest PAPA TRUNKS zomg

The 8th is the KOF 98 UM local test, so I can’t make it for that tourney but I might go on the 15th.

Yeah i wish i could go to but i’m gettin paid to run this tourney so uh yeah… lemme know how it goes eh?

I spoke with the Regency staff about the tournament. They are open to losing the xbox360 grand prize and just making each tournament have normal cash prizes. The price of the xbox wouldve been taken out of the pot from the tournament anyway.

They want some feedback from the players on which method you guys prefer. Post if you want one over the other or dont care. Thanks.

normal cash prices never fail

Just as a reminder, this week’s tournament will go on as planned. The only thing though is the xbox grand prize is canceled. After talks with the players, most have agreed that they’d rather just play for cash. get that money be there saturday!

Tournament Tomorrow!

Finally, tournament is tomorrow. Be there. Get hype. WooooO!