Replacing the Wire Harness in a Street Fighter IV SE Fight-Stick

As the title indicates, I need to replace the wire harness in my SFIV SE Stick. I’ve already got the Sanwa harness LizardLick provides but the SE has a double-ended female harness so I don’t know what to do. If anyone could tell me an easy way to get another SE double-female harness and save myself a lot of trouble I’d be really grateful. Failing that, is there a way around having to replace the PCB so that I can actually hook up the wires? I’m not interested in buying splicing gear, connectors, and a new PCB since selling my current stick and getting a new one off eBay/craigslist would faster and easier.

On a semi-related note, anyone know how much sticks cost in Japan? It might be naive to hope to stumble across a $50 Madcatz TE in Akihabara or something but if sticks are at all cheaper in Japan I might just pick one up there instead of any of the above options.

Thanks. Hopefully I don’t sound as confusing as I am confused.

You can solder the wires directly to the PCB if all else fails. All the wiring harness does is make it easy to remove from the PCB.

It is only way without splicing, connecting, new PCB or whatever.

If you don’t want to buy splicing gear you can use a hobby knife and electrical tape. Cut and strip the wire in the correct order and twist them together and wrap them in tape for something that looks like ass, but it will work.

The SE doesn’t have wires to even tape together. Madcatz figured it would be a good idea to make a stick that uses a wire harness that can’t be bought anywhere and has no way to fix it without either gutting the entire PCB or soldering. I’m really pissed at what a stupid decision they made in doing that. Basically, it will cost me just as much to fix this idiocy as it would to buy a new stick so I’m just going to get a new stick when I move to Japan.

That’s how it is with most sticks. You’re supposed to solder in the JLF-H to the PCB whether on a MadCatz or a Hori.

I was able to splice the Madcatz harness and the JLF-H with a pair of scissors. Then I connected both ends by soldering them together. I covered the exposed area with electrical tape. Everything is dandy. I don’t have to worry about reapplying glue so that the shitty SE harness doesn’t drop off the JLF. It doesn’t have to be the prettiest job.