• HORI|Sako (Ibuki)
  • Alex Valle (Ryu)

3rd — Team Korea

• Infilitration (Akuma)
  • Neo (Juri)
  • Laugh (Ryu)

MvC3:

1. Viscant (Wesker, Iron Man, Phoenix)
  2. Filipino Champ (Dormammu, Magneto, Phoenix)
  3. Clakey D (Magneto, Wolverine, Tron)
  4. Fanantiq (Magneto, Storm, Sentinel)
  5. Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
  6. DiosX (Doctor Doom, Storm, Sentinel)
  7. Killer Kai (Wesker, Zero, Taskmaster)
  8. Richard Nguyen (Dante, Haggar, Phoenix)

MvC3 Teams:
1st — Team Wish U Were Here Mike

• Combofiend (She-Hulk, Taskmaster, Spencer)
  • Clakey D (Magneto, Wolverine, Tron Bonne)
  • Shady K (Wolverine, Magneto, Akuma)

2nd — Team NorCal Trinity

• Filipino Champ (Magneto, Dormammu, Phoenix)
  • EG|Ricky Ortiz (She-Hulk, Wolverine, Akuma)
  • CJ (Magneto, Sentinel, Haggar)

3rd — Team Clockw0rk

• Clockw0rk (Amaterasu, Doctor Doom, Phoenix)
  • Wentinel (Dormammu, Tron Bonne, Sentinel)
  • Y2J (Magneto, Wolverine, Akuma)

MK:

1. Michaelangelo (Kabal)
  2. Online Tony (Kabal)
  3. Konqrr (Kitana)
  4. Krayziebone (Ermac, Jade)
  5. Aris (Smoke)
  6. RIP (Noob Saibot)
  7. WonderChef (Reptile)
  8. Hugh101 (Liu Kang)

TK6:

1. JustFrameJames (Law, Baek)
  2. Bronson Tran (Bruce, Jack 6, Julia)
  3. Stringbean (Alisa)
  4. RIP (Law)

BB:CS2

1. Satoshi (Makoto)
  2. OmniSScythe (Makoto)
  3. Zong One (Carl)
  4. DSMoove12 (Noel)
  5. 2GB Combo (Noel)
  6. CopperDabbit (Arakune)
  7. Xie (Platinum)
  8. Dacidbro (Bang)

AH3:

1. HF_Blade (Weiss)
  2. Prinny (Heart)
  3. Fubarduck (Clarice, Scharlachrot)
  4. Xie (Heart)
  5. Meru (Akane)
  6. CPU (Clarice)
  7. Umezono (Akane)
  8. Angry_Mod (Kira)

Thanks to everybody that attended Revelations 2011! We had a great time running the tournament and hanging out with the best players from around the world. There’s so many to thank personally so I will reply to each of you in this thread. I’m pretty old so if I can’t put a screen name to the face, please forgive me lol!

Thanks to all the sponsors:

Akysy Games: James/Mary - thank you guys so much for being so easy to work with and eager to help our FGC grow! We can’t wait to work on the next one with you guys!

Mad Catz / Markman: Can’t thank you enough for all the support you guys do for our FGC. Love and respect to you guys!

HORI: Thank you for supporting from many of our SoCal events leading up to Revelations! Our players really appreciate everything you do! SAKO Kumite was really fun!

Brokentier: Thanks for supporting Revelations and making those awesome shirts for us! You guys are chill!

Meatbun: Thank you for bringing some of the hottest gear for our players. Much love for donating the shirts for the Sako Kumite! Cammy shirt fit in nice with it! =)

Arcade-in-a-Box: Ed - Thank you so much for bringing the AZ crew down to SoCal. We enjoyed the hype the boys brought to the tournament and LAAATIIIFFFF for owning with the AAIAB stick!

Raptr: Thank you for providing our players/raffle winners prizes for Revelations. Raptr really does tell you what you’re playing, how many hours, achievements, the whole nine!

Informed Studios: Thank you for supporting the Tekken 6 community with the extra pot prize! We had a great time as usual with the Tekken players and we should definitely do it again!

NOS: Thanks for putting on a great display of entertainment for everyone at Revelations! Drinks, models, cars, you guys definitely brought some amazing things to the table!

PowerAnime: You guys were like the RPG store of goodies. EVERYONE NEEDED TO BUY SOMETHING HERE. Great stuff guys and thanks for being there with us at WNF!

Hit Box - You guys were the talk of the tournament! Everyone was so curious to try out the Hit Box and kept asking me for my stamp of approval. LOL I’m a Hit Box noob but I saw the damage those peripherals are capable of in the competitive scene! Keep up the great work fellas!

P.S. - give me time to write more, lunch break is over =(

Level|Up x Tournament Legacy Present Weds Night Fights @ SRC!
Revelations - $30,000+ [SAKO/DAIGO] SSF4:AE/MvC3/MK/BBCS1,2/AH3/TK6 Jun. 10 - 12 LA, CA

Suggestion/Rant - Can Tournament Legacy request that the hotel try to keep a block for tournament attendees? Every night, we’d get noise complaints. It made it impossible to have people over for causal matches or just have normal conversations.

Also, I’m not sure I agree with the one bracket and roll call format. I preferred when it was pools and each one had someone looking over his/her own flock of players. And the dude running Marvel was fucking nuts. I feel like there were tons of people disqualified. Perhaps you guys should have done a better job at informing players in the main hall and the lobby about delays. So if the tournament didn’t start on time, they’d know when to check back.

Agreed with everything said.

I still enjoyed the event, thanks to Valle and TL staff. I didn’t really like the whole 1 bracket thing, but w/e, shit still ran smoothly.

Shout-outs to Cali peeps, SoCal tournaments are definitely my favorite and that hasn’t changed

Korea, you guys are too chill and gdlk, hopefully we get to play again at Evo.

Alaska, good shit on knocking Mago to losers, and good shit to Neo for having the hypest Juri dance out there.

Arizona, didn’t get to play you guys much, but thanks for stopping by our room and getting some games in, Evo is around the corner and I want some sessions vs you guys.

Ed Ma, still the master

Santa Monica guys, thanks for letting us game at your place. Mike, I think we left a Xbox bag at your place, please PM me if you see this post.

Fresno, hopefully you guys come back with a stronger heart and learn how to “hodouken”

I’m pretty sure I left out a bunch of people, sorry but I have a terrible memory :lol:

Alright peeps, see you at Evo! :slight_smile:

For all of the players in the SSF4AE Tournament: Thank you for being respectable, reasonable, and helping me run one of the craziest (yet fun!) tournaments I’ve ever done. I hope everyone had fun, and thank you for putting up with my jokes and sense of humor. Megaphones can do weird things to people.

Congratulations to the winners! Was an awesome tournament, just as hype as SCR was last year. Looking forward to being a part of SCR2 later this year!

Next time I’ll get that fight money!

Shoutouts to Utah for holding the room for the money Matches matches!!!

sry, for my homie getting a little rowdy… love getting our drink on out here in the I.E
@Utah
You guys are awesome! hopefully you guys didnt get too fked up wit that bacardi i left hahaha
@ Latif
Nice to meet ya man, viper is beast!
@wolfkrone and shinji
yoo ill see ya guys at evo with that money match! I couldnt make it sunday… T.T
@Onlinetony213, Hugo101, Combofiend inner city heads
your all gdlk…
@Juicebox
Good games man, that match is hella retarded tho
@norcal heads
Im free you all know…lol
@Neo
All i gotta say is… FKIN NEO!!! lol
@everyone else
dont mean disrespect if i forgot your names, but i had a good ass time playing all of you guys and money matches. See you fellas at EVO

Best part was going to the main Utah room on Sunday morning to practice some stuff in MK9 for my top 8 matches to find all of Korea and Ed Ma in there playing MvC3 and AE and they haven’t stopped playing since the night before. Good thing Infiltration got some sleep though, that dude was still in the tournament!

Alex,
I could complain of all the things I would change differently about this tourney, but I’m sure you know what works and what doesn’t. However, I’m here to thank you and all of Socal for being the best hosts ever for a tourney.

@OC kids, Tatus, Richard, AndyOCR, SHGLBMX, Jorge and all the Mexicans who didn’t speak English at Alex Arcade; thanks for coming out to Alex’s Arcade and playing some games with us. Was awesome to be in a real arcade

@Korea, Ryan, Shinji, and Infiltration (I know you won’t be reading this), thanks for showing us how godly oversea players are. I saw you guys do things that I haven’t seen before. Shinji - your pad is not legit lol. Nice job w/ the upsets. I want a rematch.

@Neo, You suck at this game, j/k. But you are the hypest man alive.

@Xblade, Your Fei Long is insane. Don’t worry about your boy being too drunk, it’s all good.

@Norcal, Nice job to everyone especially Champ.

@Mike from Santa Monica, You are truly a great host. Thanks for bringing in bottled water for everyone and inviting us to your home. The xbox bag you found belongs to us. Hold on to it for us.

@Latif, Eric, and AZ peeps, Man you guys are good. Latif your Viper is sick as hell. Eric don’t quit on Abel and never quit dancing.

@Ed Ma, Please, never use drugs; you will never quit if you do. SF4 is your drug :slight_smile: Thanks for all the casuals, wish I could’ve played you. You taught all my friends in one night about SF4 then we’ve learned in months. I’ll see you at EVO and please enter man; you would still make it ouf of pools w/o practice. PM me your number also.

had

Special thanks to Tournament Legacy and Level Up for all the hard work…

Shot outs to RainebowCaek, Jacarandas aka Blanka Nieves, Jint, Upa, ETR, Valle, Jimmy, and everyone else that helped run the MvC3 bracket!
You guys are the best!!

Didn’t get to watch the stream, did FChamp play AE?

I was mostly there as a booth member/employee for Broken Tier, but the tournament was pretty awesome. Thanks to OffCast and LevelUp for letting me do commentary for BB as well. Staff was very professional and Jon made us feel very welcome as a vendor.

My complaints:

Keep in mind that my feedback is only as a person helping out a vendor/spectator. I also don’t speak for Broken Tier and these are my own personal opinions.

1. Venue not being at the hotel for the tournament. While this was probably not a huge deal for the players, for us it was kind of a pain. We had a relatively small set up (no huge banner structures to construct) which normally allows us to pack up our boxes/banners and go back into our hotel room should we wish to pack up early, but with the venue being separate from the hotel, it wasn’t possible without playing Tetris with all the boxes in our vehicle and having to make two trips to shuttle two groups of people back to the hotel (some people that stayed with us flew in or came from a different car). Overall it’s a minor complaint and really just a unique situation we have not came across so far.

2. No outside food or drink but with ridiculous food/drink prices from the venue. Normally, I don’t mind the “no outside food/drink” rule for venues. It’s a respectable rule. However, all food and drink being sold by the venue were absurdly overpriced. Some of the prices weren’t so bad (tacos didn’t seem to be a bad deal, nor the chicken tenders and chips, $1.50 for a big donut and $2.50 for coffee was reasonable too), but $8 for a cheeseburger seemed a bit absurd. The price alone made me stay away from the burger, but maybe someone can inform me that the size of the burger was worth the money.

What really killed me was the price of drinks. I can understand $8 to $10 for mixed drinks… but $14 for a Long Island Ice Tea?! I was fortunate enough that my friend gave me $10 to buy a drink for myself, but I almost fell over on the floor when the bartender told me the drink was $14. Fortunately, I don’t drink a lot and I’m pretty lightweight, and the drink was strong enough to get me drunk for about 30 minutes. Still, those prices were like premium club prices with some top DJ like Deadmau5 performing that night.

1. No free water. This is, undoubtedly in my opinion, the biggest requirement of any large scale tournament. Any large scale tournament should have free ice water. This is mandatory. I can go all day without really eating much food, and I’m sure many others can as well, but not being able to drink anything, not even outside bottle water, without having to pay $3 a bottle for Arrowhead (arguably the worst tasting bottled water) is practically a crime against humanity. On Saturday, I think the only thing I had to drink that day was two free cans of NOS… and there’s even a warning saying that you shouldn’t drink more than one a day on the side of the can. :rofl: NOS saved me on Saturday. Sunday I wasn’t so lucky. People had to smuggle in bottled water and sometimes food like it was some sort of black market operation or something just to be moderately comfortable.

In any case, it’s not like I only have negative thins to say about the tournament because it was fucking awesome. One of the best tournament experiences I’ve had in a long time. My complaints above are just constructive criticism.

are the full brackets for the tournaments online anywhere?

Hello aggro crag,

TL should address the hotel issues with you. I’ve heard hit and miss topics about the noise and security making it difficult for our players. Sorry you had to go through that and definitely noted for reserving gaming blocks.

There’s pros and cons to one big bracket.
Pros: eliminates double jeopardy up til top 16.
Cons: You have to wait your turn all day
At SCR we had double jeopardy’s left and right which people complained about. So I tried something different here.
The reason I had roll call because players from out of state/country registered the day of the event. We were nice enough to squeeze last minute entries in so everyone could have a good time. Roll call is done at every tournament anyways just in smaller brackets so I don’t know why this should be any different.

We appreciate your feedback and will fine tune our strategy next time. If pools is what people want, I don’t want to hear bitching about double jeopardy =)

As for Shankar (MvC3 WNF TO) heres his reply to his methods:

As much as I can say, we were challenged by the venue… We had no control over all the food/bev and I agree it was ridiculous. Let’s just say we’ve grown out of that location and will make sure we have free water + reasonable food/beverages at our next event.

As for hotel being at the same location as the event, we’re looking into many venues as we speak.

Thanks for coming out good sir!

There’s a lot to complain about and I would probably agree with most of your concerns.

We had many serious issues that delayed the tournament. Power, internet, etc. But at the end of it all, we managed to finish the tournament as a whole in a reasonable time. The hotel was being a pain too and I feel very bad that noise complaints put casuals on pause =(

We’ll make it better for sure next time fellas!

I love all the Utah guys and would rather hang out with you guys in a smaller scale tourney just so we can chill more <3

You guys are always welcome to SoCal anytime good sirs!

I’m fine w/ one big bracket. SHGL tournaments were pretty much close to the same size.

Thanks for the reply, Valle.

Yeah, I talked to Jared, one of the ReveLAtions guys, and he told me the same thing, pretty much. I’m not mad at any of the TL staff or anything since I know it was beyond their control. I just think free water is a must for any large event. The rather expensive food/drink prices would have been less of an issue if free water was at least provided.

Just thought I’d offer some constructive feedback. Can’t wait for the next TL event! Providing I can make it, of course. :wink:

What were the number of entries for AE and MVC3?

Great event, I felt that the no drinks + expensive food was insane. But wasn’t a problem we snuck stuff in :). Besides that amazing time and a blast seeing everyone and hanging out. Offcast just called me “That kung lao guy” on the stream :(!

Shoutout to Juicebox for having the same white Armani glasses as me

styyyyyylin

Will there be official dvds on sale or might I be able to find the match videos online somewhere? Sorry if this isn’t the place to ask but I’ve been eager to see the marvel 3 matches.

Just wanted to post up my .02 as an attendee of the event. Had a blast everything was awesome, great tournament/great experience… great tournament/great experience… …great tournament/great experience!!

I have to agree fully with the venue raping people tho!! Not just the players but also John Nelson. They really charged him full prices on the tab, not allowing outside food and drinks and not providing water was just inhumane. That venue is cool and all but the owners are a bunch of cock suckers! Undercooked chicken, ridiculous prices and I heard Latina Chun Li got free tacos cause she spoke spanish with the servers and they hooked her up!! I also spoke spanish with them and got nothing for free!! :’/ Maybe if I had big boobs!

I stopped drinking their liquor a couple of WNF a while back, they really think gamers are gonna play club prices for drinks… and I feel that guy with the 14 dolla long island, thats what I ussually get but not for twise the price its worth!

We are currently looking into a better venue for everyone so stay tuned!

I’m sure Level|Up will put up the whole top 8 matches if not top 16 or more on youtube… but for now you can check out the archives!

MvC3 starts at about 58 mins into "part 2"

~Shankar