Rip jack lalanne

dude was 96 and didnt slow down at all
i hope im still moving around as well as him when im old as fuck

The Associated Press: Fitness guru Jack LaLanne, 96, dies at Calif. home

Now why would I want to rip Jack Lalanne. He just died.

See? That is why I don’t exercise.

^_-;

I had always wondered how long it would take. Now I’ll start to keep tabs in Arnold.

Imma make a carrot-celery-tomato-potato-durian fruit smoothie with seeds and peel included and pour one out for my homie, Jack Lalanne.

My GF just texted me the news. She knew how into him I was. Dude was a fitness icon. I seriously thought he’d live to be 100+. Regardless, he a had a good run.

My GF just texted me the news. She knew how into him I was. Dude was a fitness icon. I seriously thought he’d live to be 100+. Regardless, he a had a good run.

list of achievements, courtesy of wikipedia. didn’t even know some of these accomplishments were possible, also i’m relieved he wasn’t killed by a shark or something.

1954 (age 40): swam the entire length of the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, underwater, with 140 pounds (64 kg; 10 st) of equipment, including two air tanks. A world record.

1955 (age 41): swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco while handcuffed. When interviewed afterwards he was quoted as saying that the worst thing about the ordeal was being handcuffed, which reduced his chance to Star Jump significantly.

1956 (age 42): set a world record of 1,033 push-ups in 23 minutes on You Asked For It,[24] a television program with Art Baker.

1957 (age 43): swam the Golden Gate channel while towing a 2,500-pound (1,100 kg; 180 st) cabin cruiser. The swift ocean currents turned this one-mile (1.6 km) swim into a swimming distance of 6.5 miles (10.5 km).

1958 (age 44): maneuvered a paddleboard nonstop from Farallon Islands to the San Francisco shore. The 30-mile (48 km) trip took 9.5 hours.

1959 (age 45): did 1,000 star jumps and 1,000 chin-ups in 1 hour, 22 minutes and The Jack LaLanne Show went nationwide.

1974 (age 60): For the second time, he swam from Alcatraz Island to Fisherman’s Wharf. Again, he was handcuffed, but this time he was also shackled and towed a 1,000-pound (450 kg; 71 st) boat.

1975 (age 61): Repeating his performance of 21 years earlier, he again swam the entire length of the Golden Gate Bridge, underwater and handcuffed, but this time he was shackled and towed a 1,000-pound (450 kg; 71 st) boat.

1976 (age 62): To commemorate the “Spirit of '76”, United States Bicentennial, he swam one mile (1.6 km) in Long Beach Harbor. He was handcuffed and shackled, and he towed 13 boats (representing the 13 original colonies) containing 76 people.[25]

1979 (age 65): towed 65 boats in Lake Ashinoko, near Tokyo, Japan. He was handcuffed and shackled, and the boats were filled with 6,500 pounds (2,900 kg; 460 st) of Louisiana Pacific wood pulp.[15]

1980 (age 66): towed 10 boats in North Miami, Florida. The boats carried 77 people, and he towed them for over one mile (1.6 km) in less than one hour.

1984 (age 70): Handcuffed, shackled and fighting strong winds and currents, towed 70
boats with 70 people from the Queen?s Way Bridge in the Long Beach Harbor to the Queen Mary, 1 mile.[26]

Oh yeah, the man was a total beast. He comes from a different time with men made of iron. Men who owned their wives, literally. I bet you everyone in this thread is an old fart. Not a lot of young uns would know about him.

Jack Lalanne was already ripped enough.

that guy was a freaking beast monster. R.I.P. Jack Lalanne. You will be missed.

-Starhammer-

its a culture thing, all real men still ownb their wives. its a western europ/american thibg to have the woman have the pants on in the house, yall should get out out them skirts if you know whats good for you.

also none of the newer generation fitness motherfuckers will as long or healthy as him. dude worked out, i doubt he used steroids or even proteine shakes. good food and drinks and a healthy lifestyle usually helps living linger healthier.

Jack is in heaven now, towing boats for Jesus

At night time, he didn’t sleep. He would just do pushups until his brain woke up again

He really gives new meaning to eat right, excercise, die anyways…but he did make it to 96 so good for him.

96 is REALLY good for anyone, specially at the quality of living Jack maintained. The man was made of iron.

Yeah, I thought that I was somehow going to die before him. Why he didn’t live past 100 is beyond me. There are people in worse physical condition that live to be 100+. I don’t think it was fair for him do die of natural causes this early in “his” life. Half the shit this guy was capable of at 60 can’t be duplicated by most 20 year olds. Oh well.

R.I.P. Jack.

Well he was a fatty when he was a kid, and the man did work out a lot, maybe too much.

*One day a music teacher was teaching his student how to play a string instrument.

Siddartha heard the teacher say “if you wind the string too tight it will break and if you have the string too loose, there will be no music”. On hearing these words, Siddartha came to the realisation of the middle way of life - it must be neither strict and nor undisciplined.*

The man outperformed me on his 70’s during my late 20’s.

R.I.P. Jack along R.I.P [media=youtube]Geiq0FP13uQ"[/media]

Yeah, I had took that into consideration. I don’t think it was the fact that he workout to much, I think it was that he was working out to hard maybe. I just heard on the news that he didn’t die of natural causes. I thought I had heard that it was some kind of respitaroy problem. But he died from complications caused by pneumonia (sp?). This sickness has been known to take down mighter men. They said he worked out 2 hours everyday. If you think about it, that’s not much. Your looking at 45min-1hr of cardio and then weight lifting which could consist of bi’s tri’s and shoulders. You could hit 2 hours easy and that would be for a decent workout.